1994 Volvo 850

lawnman

Update....... Look at last post I have a 1994 Volve 850 for sale. The car has dark grey exterior and interior. The car runs and looks like new. All the factory options work , a/c ,cd, traction control etc. The car has new tires. Mileage is 134,500. I just put a new battery and some other parts in this car.

Now for the problem. The car will start all the time, just some of the time you will have to put it in neutral to start it. Som times I will have to move the shifter handle about a 1/2 in to get it to shift into 2nd {it is a auto tranny} . I was told by the Volvo dealer that it was the linkage. Maybe need adjusted or a new cable. I have had this car for 3 years now.

The reason for selling is I have finally bought a another car that has 4 seats.

The price is 2000.00 firm . If you want pictures just let me know.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks, Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I will trade my Cougar straight up, less the extra stuff, for this Volvo...tomarrow if necessary. The shifter thing: It seems like a PITA song and dance, but it works, correct? I.E. It'll get up and go in the morning, even if it needs a lil massage.

Yes it does work. I have to sell this car and can't trade , I have too many cars now . I recently have put $900 in repairs and maintenance into this car. { oil return line , Volvo battery $135 ouch, cam position sensor and a few other things }.

Let me think about it for a day or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is what the Volvo dealer told me. The problem with it not starting in drive sometimes and having to start it in nuetral is the nuetral safety switch. The shifting problem may be a sensor . I cannot remember which sensor it is, but I do have paperwork telling me which one it is. The Volvo dealer told it is a 50/50 chance that that sensor is the problem with the late shifting. I was not going to spend any money on a 50% chance.

Well that is the update.

Here is what the Volvo dealer told me. The problem with it not starting in drive sometimes and having to start it in nuetral is the nuetral safety switch. The shifting problem may be a sensor . I cannot remember which sensor it is, but I do have paperwork telling me which one it is. The Volvo dealer told it is a 50/50 chance that that sensor is the problem with the late shifting. I was not going to spend any money on a 50% chance.

Well that is the update.

What did Volvo say it would cost?

Joshua

• 2 weeks later...