The "I'm doing more than you this winter" thread.

ImUrOBGYN

I'm having a slightly upgraded custom built turbo installed for my car this winter. Instead of nitrous to help spool it, I'm going to sprinkle the car in faerie dust and wishes. :gay2:

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/587/19379huge_turbo.jpg

dont the humvees have 6.5 turbo Deisel?

The new revisions that come with the up-armor package do, however the majority of the National Guard fleet (read: at least a decade old) do not.

Snag a turbo off a duce. Should be tons of them laying around in the salvage yards.

Wow!! Someone actually has a bigger turbo than my truck! You should put 2 of those on your car Christian.

I'm doing nothing this winter except sell the car. Kind of nice knowing I don't have any projects or problems to work on over the winter.

dont the humvees have 6.5 turbo Deisel?

Yes. They are twin turbo's and only on the up armored Hummers. 0 -60 is 56 sec. I made a vid of it when I was over there. but lost it reformatting the comp it was saved on. they make like 460ft TQ and 189 HP. And they weigh a mere 10,000 lbs.

Yes. They are twin turbo's and only on the up armored Hummers. 0 -60 is 56 sec. I made a vid of it when I was over there. but lost it reformatting the comp it was saved on. they make like 460ft TQ and 189 HP. And they weigh a mere 10,000 lbs.

6.5's are single turbo, not twin, and are only installed on factory built Up Armored HMMWV's. I think there may be a conversion kit for the 6.2's if it is outfitted with the up armored conversion but I am not sure. IMHO the 6.2 and the 6.5 are horrble engines for the HMMWV but at the time they were made it was about the best choice, too bad AMG never kept up with diesel technology.