no blinkers car wants to die when driving Dodge Stratus

thorne

My buddies stratus the other night brought on the battery light, Now when he drives it wants to die , His description to me sounded like losing spark. His blinkers also stopped working.

I was going to pull the battery and alt tonight and take them over to autozone to get tested. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreicated.

Battery light on = charging system failure. True story.

That being said, there are a few scenarios. 1) Alternator is defective. 2) Wiring problem(s) 3) ECM is defective. Happens all the time; Chrysler products for quite a while have regulated alternator output with the ECM.

None of this changes the fact that you may still need a new battery because it was discharged when the charging system quit functioning.

Its not my car, I honetsly pilfer my dads tools most of the time. (No Garage). So I'm waiting for his dad I'm gonna help them change it.

It is a tight engine bay though compared to well fuck my wrx is pretty crappy to I can't change the plugs myself....

Spoiled I have been by v6's in big bays

Guest Removed
wow the 2.4 blows!!!! I've taken alternators off in 30 minutes before. I looked at this thing and..... Well It did not look fun,

do one in a v-6 cougar, the fwd ones. then get back too me.