Replace a head on an 00? Cougar

Buck531

My buddy at work is getting stiffed at the dealer. He's got one of of the newer Cougars with a V6. Well, the serpentine belt broke and I guess he kept driving it? Not sure. Anyways. He had it towed to Dick Mashiter (sp) Ford and they're telling him $5700 for a new engine. They said that coolant got in the oil and that fuel got in the oil too?

He may have spun a bearing.. I'm not sure. I'm guessing it's in need of a head gasket and a head possibly. He's going ot have it towed to his home I guess.

Any of the techies here guesstimate how much you'll charge to do a head/gasket on a newer Cougar?

Guest Removed

first link in my sig, used , maybe fix that one, or new jasper reman.

it may need a engine...depends on how bad its hurt. if he would like a second opinion, have him give mike a call.

i was at the shop today and there was a ford truck that was just at the same ford dealer and one of the spark plugs blew out, DM ford charged the guy $1000 to put in a helicoil. they told him they had to take the head off and fix it but they didn't. i would take it somewhere else and have it checled out.

I"ve been in and out of these motors and they are a motha to do in the car. they're very bad for spinning bearings, like Dave said go low mileage used with an extended warranty, it'll be half the price of a reman. I can have a 2.5 in and out in about 6-7 hrs.