Another 89 Merkur Scorpio

SlowZ06

1989 Merkur Scorpio

91K Miles

5 speed manual

Runs great

Needs brakes

In case you didn't know, this is a rear wheel drive car.... you could be the next DK!! (I couldn't even type that with a straight face.)

Driveable, if you're brave. I've driven it a few times, and it stops... loudly. :D

This is a pretty rare car in a 5 speed, though it does have the typical Merkur gremlins. Radio not working, I think the factory amp is junk. Gas gauge reads whatever it wants to, but the distance to empty function works properly; so you won't run out of gas. Heated seats, heat blows hot, I don't know if the air works... but I doubt it. Clutch works great, transmission shifts properly. Mostly rust free, except for a few surface spots inside the rear wheelwell. Reclining rear seats work, though the leather in the whole car is rough. Power moonroof works and pops up, as do all the windows and locks. Was asking $950, but I need to sell it NOW. I'm open to all offers, maybe a trade if you have something 4wd or cool otherwise. It doesn't hurt to ask. Put some brakes on it (New pads with wear sensors go with the car) and drive.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/76/hpim0415lm5.jpg

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/6297/hpim0414jl3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't touched the brakes. I went outside, contemplated working on it, and went back inside.

LOL, ok. obviously do to the weather we are getting right now, this will have to wait until next weekend. I was thinking of driving it back from Columbus to Findlay (2hrs) would you think this is a bad idea? or could it handle the trip?

LOL, ok. obviously do to the weather we are getting right now, this will have to wait until next weekend. I was thinking of driving it back from Columbus to Findlay (2hrs) would you think this is a bad idea? or could it handle the trip?

Well, maybe. Do I think the car would run and make it there? Yes. Do I think that if someone pulled out in front of you and you had to stop quickly something very ugly would happen? Yes. Would I try it? Probably not.

Bump. Someone please come and get this goddamn thing.

$500 with new brake pads included but not installed

$625 with new brake pads and rotors included but not installed.

No, I'm not installing them. It's cold, and I'm lazy.

The guy i was going to borrow the trailer from already has it loaned out to someone else. Do you know anyone that has a trailer and could trailer up here?

Sorry man, you're talking to a guy who paid a tow truck to pick up a car in Marysville that was bought on Ebay. I don't even own anything that could pull a tow dolly.

alright man, sorry. I wish i could help you out, but it looks like we live a little too far from each other. I would probably risk driving it back if you were at least an hour from be, but being almost 2hrs. away is a little too long for me to be driving a car that im not sure is gonna be able to stop.

alright man, sorry. I wish i could help you out, but it looks like we live a little too far from each other. I would probably risk driving it back if you were at least an hour from be, but being almost 2hrs. away is a little too long for me to be driving a car that im not sure is gonna be able to stop.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't try it myself, and I've been known to do some really retarded things in a car. :) Anyone else? It's about to be Ebay bound...

What side of town are you located on? I'm interested in taking a look at it. How does it run? You said how it stops. LOL Does it run and drive overall pretty well?

Define pretty well. :)

No, seriously... it runs well. The clutch is strong, and there's no grinding or anything from the transmission. The chassis is good and tight, but it could use some tires. They're not nice enough to bother just taking off and balancing them... So if you don't mind the steering wheel shaking, it's fine. I'm on the north end of town by the way.