tear down

88lx5oh

im currently in the process of tearing down my 400ex.

timing chain needs replaced, so going with a trued double roller (heavy duty, better than stock)

never tore a atv down before, but isnt as bad as i expected. jsut taking it slow, got a clymer manual to help out, and marking and setting my parts in order as i go.

i was told there was alot of work done to this bike when i purchased it but didnt know. now that i have gotten into it, i do know for sure that it is infact modified extensively. but lack of a good timing chain.

has a custom grind hotcams camshaft in it. oversized valves and port and polished head. pretty decent work done.

there are some issues i will take care of though while im in here. such as bearings and what not.

ill post some pics up if anyone cares.

i stopped for the night since i didnt have the right socket to pull the clutch basket off.

if you need any parts or anything, let me know. good friend of mine owns ATVUnlimited and they are a distributor for quite a few companies and have MANY parts in stock. plus they do custom engine building as well. they have a few 500+cc quads in the shop