1098 on the dyno

Jackson1647545504

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i brought up the busa cuz you were bitchin about horsepower in the 1000's, when the 1300 busa is lower than the 1000's.

oh and since dyno's aren't good indication of an actual hp, then why did you even pay attention to the ducati and whine about it be low on power?? you'd have to see a 1000 dyno on the same dyno in the same conditions first.

You really need to get your info straight before you post because Joe doesn't have the fastest N/A BUSA. Not to mention there are several different classes if you are talking 1/4-mile, drag, Top Speed, etc...the list goes on for days.... :rolleyes:

Once again PEAK POWER means shit and the fact that you bring another bike not even in the same class into this thread shows really how much you know. Maybe you just have penis envy over my sig, who knows.... :lol:

Why do you think I replied to the dyno numbers.... :rolleyes:

I'll just ignore your lame V-twin World Superbike comment and you pulling liter bikes out of a corner has NOTHING to do with your SV650 HP/TQ.... :slap:

i said nothing about pulling them out of corners, but being faster in general, which ofcourse is due to my skill and not my bike.

why are you contradicting yourself? you say how the 1098 is low on power, but then say that the peak power doesnt mean anything. if the 999 is able to keep up and spank the 1000 4's and now is a 1098.... i'd say it's plenty fast enough.

prove me wrong. all you can do is say you're an idiot when it's obvious you are the one who's an idiot. you think you know all about this and that, but then contradict your own statements. i know far more about motorcycles than most people, i've only been racing them since i was 10 years old. mx,drag,roadcourse, streetriding. it's your lack of knowledge and inferiority complex that reduces you to name calling and self boasting. which is fine, that's your problem and i must respect your faults.

I don't get the fasination with Italian bikes. I mean why pay so much more for a Ducati when a ZX-14 or a Busa is 11K. Hell a R1, GSXR1000 is what 9-10K? I guess it's the name. My yamaha is 20 YO this year and is great.

the reason for the higher cost is the smaller number of bikes built,the technology it takes to get that kind of performance out of a v-twin, the amazingly good suspension the bikes come with from the factory, and the ducati name. Ducati's are built amazingly well. the craftmanship far exceeds that of the jap. rivals. these bikes are built for roadracing, all racer-replicas are, and come out of the box ready for the track.

i personally can't wait for the Desmosedici to hit american shores this summer. pretty much will be the fastest bike out there, but isn't up to the homologation standards for racing. but still, an amazing piece of machinery.

Guest chazqr25

well i wouldnt buy a duc myself im more of a buell and street fighter bike fan. but its all good. i like buell for the short wheel base and you can put it on the rear wheel in a flash.:).

Charlie

( not tryin to hijack the forum either sorry dude)

• 3 weeks later...

Acceleration is directly proportional to power at any given RPM, not torque.

Do not confuse this fact however with the sexiness of Ducati or how bad ass a 1098 is. I would choose it over any Japanese bike if the price gap weren't an issue, and that gap keeps getting smaller. I say two thumbs up to Ducati.

Acceleration is directly proportional to power at any given RPM, not torque.

uh... you do realize that what you said, makes no sence. Lets think here... what is horsepower... oh i know, its TORQUE x (X)RPM/5252. So does that mean horsepower is a force? NO, its a unit of measurement pertaining to WORK, along with PS, Watts, Newtons, etc. Torque is the measurement of force that drives a rotational motion... you know, the kind that makes the crank turn IN A CIRCLE and eventually drives the wheel(s) IN A CIRCLE TO PUSH YOU FORWARD AT AN INCREASINGLY HIGHER RATE.

Seriously, go fill the bath tub, and have someone hold your head under untill the bubbles stop.

uh... you do realize that what you said, makes no sence. Lets think here... what is horsepower... oh i know, its TORQUE x (X)RPM/5252. So does that mean horsepower is a force? NO, its a unit of measurement pertaining to WORK, along with PS, Watts, Newtons, etc. Torque is the measurement of force that drives a rotational motion... you know, the kind that makes the crank turn IN A CIRCLE and eventually drives the wheel(s) IN A CIRCLE TO PUSH YOU FORWARD AT AN INCREASINGLY HIGHER RATE.

Seriously, go fill the bath tub, and have someone hold your head under untill the bubbles stop.

Wow, you think you're smarter than me? LOL... good ol CR. You telling me I have no sence.... I'll hold my breath when you learn how to spell.

If before I die you do that, let me know and I will enlighten you.

I must warn you however that this enlightenment may take you the rest of your life to understand, even if you spent every day concentrating so hard the drool that was running down your chin petrified while your two cranial neurons fired one after another (twice a day) in an attempt to control your bodily functions long enough that you could begin an activity so leisurely as "thought."

...so proceed with caution. Oh wait, you drive a Volvo, so you always proceed with caution.

im not sure but arent ducatti's maintenance whores? thats what I heard...dont really know though. heard something about the valves being adjusted every 3k...i could be off the beaten path here, cuz i heard this years back?input?

They have improved GREATLY. This is one of the details ducati mentions if you research buying a newer duc. They say they have almost eliminated the need for valve adjustments, on some motors. It did use to be evey 3k and then on some models it is 4,500. If you want the best performance out of anything, 2 wheels or 4, it is going to need adjustments.

^^^ correct. Most recently it was every 6K needed valve adjustments and they weren't cheap. For 07 Ducati has made this much less of a concern by extending the valve adjustment interval to 7500, requiring fewer part replacements during the adjustment, and the job will now take fewer labor hours to perform.

Granted, this is still a long way off from the 14K adjustments of my 636, but it's a step in the right direction.

i spoke with the area duc guy up at the show, and hands down the 1098 is badass. as i've stated before the vtwin pulls harder out of the corner and is capable of carrying more cornerspeed, however the i-4's have the top end hp advantage. there's a reason why the duc's dominate world superbike, and why the motogp bikes are almost all V-style engines. torque gets you out of the hole and going, at a certain point the hp takes over to drive you on up in the mph. it's like a 4stroke compared to a two stroke in the mx world. 4 strokes can be easier to ride but take more skill to go super fast, 2 strokes are harder to ride but rip if you can ride it properly. v-twins make for a much better street bike and are easier to ride.

and 90-95% of riders will never reach the actual limits of a bike. the 1098,gsxr's,r6/r1's,zxr's, etc. are all built for ROAD RACING. if you are using it for something else, then that's not the intended purpose. these bikes are built for the track, and until you actually do a track day, you will never know what you are talking about when it comes to these bikes, and even then you'll have much to learn, as I still do.

Then why do you keep posting incorrect info? :rolleyes:

Have you checked the rules and restrictions in Superbike in the last 10-years?

The only reason they dominate is because the I-4's are so choked down AND RESTRICTED, they can't make the across the board power as the twins. If Ducati would quit crying and getting all the restrictions placed on the I-4's shit would be a LOT closer.....

Please do some research on the damn bikes if you are going to quote shit, please......I am so tired of your incorrect posts. :bs:

Muthapuka

So you are a saying that the gsxr1300, the zx-14r, the cbr 1100xx, were built for track use? OH and if sportbikes in general were made for the track only...then why are they called "sport"bikes and not "race"bikes. Why do they have headlights, turnsignals,mirrors,etc. You are wrong my friend, they are intended for the street...to do with as you wish.

Muthapuka

So you are a saying that the gsxr1300, the zx-14r, the cbr 1100xx, were built for track use? OH and if sportbikes in general were made for the track only...then why are they called "sport"bikes and not "race"bikes. Why do they have headlights, turnsignals,mirrors,etc. You are wrong my friend, they are intended for the street...to do with as you wish.

wow you are not getting the point. the busa,zx,and 1100 are more of a "sport touring" category. the "sport bikes" are Repli-racers, built as a homologation for roadracing. yes they are street bikes, because the rules say that they HAVE to be.

busa, show me the rules.... everyone knows that the V-twins have been givin breaks since the superbike classes moved up to 1000cc's. it used to be 1000twins/750 inlines. as i said before it is like the 4-strokes vs. 2-strokes, twins need more displacement, hence the 1098. busa's,14's, 1100's etc. are drag bikes, they handle like shit but have good power/tq numbers, they weren't built for road racing but for all out top speed/drag racing. check out the r1 LE and see that they only made 500, as that's the minimum for racing homologation, these bikes are race bikes, but HAVE to be street legal.