1098 on the dyno

Jackson1647545504

Then why do you keep posting incorrect info? :rolleyes:

Have you checked the rules and restrictions in Superbike in the last 10-years?

The only reason they dominate is because the I-4's are so choked down AND RESTRICTED, they can't make the across the board power as the twins. If Ducati would quit crying and getting all the restrictions placed on the I-4's shit would be a LOT closer.....

Please do some research on the damn bikes if you are going to quote shit, please......I am so tired of your incorrect posts. :bs:

the I-4's will never make the across the board power of the twins. they are i-4's and behave like 2-stroke mx bikes. they have a VERY noticeable powerband that is limited with low tq numbers. whereas a twin carries a much broader curve over the band and pulls from very low revs, thus behaving like a 4-stroke mx bike. that's some serious simplification, but it seems that that's how i have to break it down for some people. look at the AMA, those restrictions are not in effect here and the ducati's compete very well. eventually the L-4 motor will take over and make things much more interesting.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how the power delivery is for an I-4 -vs- V-4 but the point is that the class is tailored for the V-twin motors. Why do you think they only allowed the 750 I-4's to race for so many years. What I am getting at is with the I-4 at 100% AND ZERO RESTRICTIONS; they would have zero trouble with the twins. Ducati would be out of racing if the class was tailored for the I-4 engine like it currently is FOR THEM....

and i'm agreeing! hence the 4-stroke/2 stroke comparison. the 4's are at a disadvantage, so they have more displacement, just like the twins used to have. ducati is trying to get that back with twins being allowed 1200cc's.