Might be moving

RUTAN TA1647545492

I am looking at buying some property with a friend and remodeling a 1915 school house. It is on 5 acres and when finished will be @6000 sq ft. We will be adding a 30x40 poll barn with 2 lifts and also has a 20x30 barn. The side my friend is looking at has a 20,000 sq ft school house. If we make the purchase, he will be leaving the full size basketball court and turning the cafeteria into a theater room. It would take him about 3 months before he can start remodeling, but he would have both schools done by fall.

When you go about the financing, do not mention anything about it being a school house. lenders will call it a unique property and your ability to get a mortgage MAY be very difficult. It may still read that on title, so do everything you can to get that phrasing removed.

Sounds like a great set up when you are all done. Good luck.

I would like to have a place to start doing some fab work again. I would like to bring my 69 Dart up from WV and build a new chassis and drop in a turbo LSx. I would like to take the barn and finish the inside and turn it into a place for our friends to hang(pool table/small stocked bar etc)