Fastest FWD King of 270

Miller

JP, when did you trap 149mph?

Last may at the Columbus DSM track rental at Norwalk, me and UNDR PSI ran the tree that day and I witnessed the car do 10.5x at 149mph

and for the guys saying his car looked like ass or shit.. it actually looked good for what he had in it, I would be proud to own that car for 1 reason, cause it would blow my piece of the road

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last may at the Columbus DSM track rental at Norwalk, me and UNDR PSI ran the tree that day and I witnessed the car do 10.5x at 149mph

and for the guys saying his car looked like ass or shit.. it actually looked good for what he had in it, I would be proud to own that car for 1 reason, cause it would blow my piece of the road

are you the guy with the blue laser who whined about boost cut all night after losing to a mustang last summer? Then refused to run my Volvo from a roll?

Yup. And BTW-do you have a Motorhead kit on the car? If so-we used to build most of the hard parts for him, and we still do the big guy (70mm turbo) manifolds.

YOU would appreciate me saying I have seen the top of the mountain, and it was F-in scary. Denis' personal Busa with an Ultra kit @28psi. :eek::eek:

NLR turbo kit on a bike not car . Dennis does do some pimp shit though . He did tune my bike last July .

NLR turbo kit on a bike not car . Dennis does do some pimp shit though . He did tune my bike last July .

I know-I was talking about his bikes.

You have never seen the bike he did with the Airworks Billit 70mm compressor?

*edit* I was going to post pics, but they are on my work computer. Send me you email if you want to see them.

If you got it tuned at his shop in Denison, you were 4 minutes from my house. :eek:

what were your RPM levels though??? 7000? and probably on the surge line... im talking about pulling 25psi at 3500 and making 500lbft from 4000 on up to 6000... theres just no chance to hook that up. Id imagine that you were breaking lose on the top end, then really blowing smoke on the gear change, im talking about lighting a fire before even getting to the next gear... i dunno, maybe im thinking too pesimisticly, but i think its going to be like trying to drive a Viper down the 1/4 with 5in wide spare tires on the back.

Yeah-I hit full trq at 6500ish depending on gear. It was enough with a 8500+ redline.

I have been in your shoes though-500whpand 440ft lbs with the 60-junk on my stock motor. IT was at full trq @ 4500 to 8000.

BFG's are your friend. What rubber do you run now?

colt...i agree the guy that built this machine....had a clue of what he was doing, just NOt a good one.lol. there is quite abit to that setup that would have to change.but it is damn sexy though.i think it is only running 5-7 psi as well(stock motor).

Good ideas-poor exicution.

Its a good looking bike though.

its called a Bike :)

Bingo!

I believe i was the first to chime in about FWD's... my worry isnt that the FWDs wont be fast, my argument was with said "rules" of the ladder, specifically the starting speed. In an application such as mine, max power couldnt even be reached untill almost 80mph (well into 3rd gear). 25lbs of boost is enough to piss traction into the wind even at 40 or 50mph, let alone 20... then even after that, theres spray. My argument was that even if the car makes 600whp, it wont matter because by the time it would be able to actully make 600whp, the race is already over.

Now im sure there would be a counter with, "Well so and so mkae XXXwhp and doesnt have that problem." While that may be true, its the torque that worries me. A 600whp 2 Litre is only going to make 350-400lb-ft, and thats at some high ass RPM. Im looking at 500 lb-ft @ roughly 4000rpm...not exactly good for slow rolls. Even with radials, it would lose traction, and if slicks were used, well say bye bye to the axels if not the tranny.

I dont think there should be seperate classes by any means, i would just think that a higher starting roll would relieve a little bit of the handy cap of FWD traction issues.

I quoted myself so that i can add some visual aid to my words... watch the first pull of this video... from 15mph, from a guy making 370whp(362trq) on a 9.5:1 2.4L LD9.... then after watching that, think about what my 2.6L with 10.5:1, another 12psi, and a triple digit shot of nitrous might do (other than be the most spectacular explosion ever lol)... i hope you see my point. BTW, he made that pull on a set of 225/50R16 nitto 555Rs

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/turbo+cavalier/0/e4978c39-419e-4ec4-a033-9885018b4bc6.htm

• 6 months later...