Nicky McDUC

Putty

That was available to set owners. It was a limited edition and fairly rare, but not unobtainium... I think he had the forks updated. It's weird how they are up so high in the triples. Hmmmmm. Are those maybe Desmo forks?

Absolutely beautiful bike!

I was wondering the same about the forks. They are the same off the desmo. Really long!!!

After looking at it closer, it looks like he did a replica on his own. Afterall, the Xerox Bayliss one had head lights so, he had to get race plastic. It's possible he got authentic race plastic, but after looking at the real thing seen here:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Mvhjidbvdzc/R6FxOlHQsXI/AAAAAAAADx4/94m73avhXeI/s1600-h/Ducati+1098+F08+2.jpg

You can see it isn't the same upper, tail or lower. Probably Sharskin or similar...

Overall, really good looking machine. I just am baffled by the forks and why they are up so high...

I was wondering the same about the forks. They are the same off the desmo. Really long!!!

Actually, the Desmo forks are cast now that I think about it. Those are 100% CNC machined. I think they're off some race bike for sure, but what, I have no idea...

Also, the calipers are not the same as what would have come set up for that bike if those forks were for the thing. Notice the spacers. They are HUGE! That means they were made in order to fit.

I'm starting to think he uses this as show, too. The front rotors have zero wear...

Cool machine and certainly an eye for detail and has big bucks, but I bet if you sit long enough, you can see he cobbled it together...

Not as in a bad cobble - just that he had to make things fit due to them not being the correct thing for that bike...

Here are some more artsy style shots...

Only info I could dig up on the forks is that they're set up by Dan Kyle. But, that really doesn't reveal much.

I don't get the Michelin rubber with the Pirelli sponsors.

Xerox05.jpg

he has pirelli's in the last pictures you posted. Pirelli is the sponser for WSBK so that is why he has that logo on. Probably just had the Michelin slicks on from riding it at the track.