2002 Suzuki GSX600f Katana only 7,600 miles - $3650

youngflyflashy

click this link for photos: http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/340390211.html

This is an amazing bike for an amazing price! It's an all around great bike for beginners or pros, it only has 7,600 miles on it and runs like a champ. i've been on the freeway with the big boys and had no problem keeping up...she's been up to 135mph and i weight about 185lbs and she still had room to go (i just chickened out)...so if speed is what you're looking for she has you covered...but then again, she's top heavy enough where if you're a new rider she won't pop up on you and give you a scare. i am asking $3,650 and that includes 2 brand new batteries, a new pack of ultra white LED headlights, a size xxl nylon racing jacket, a brand new size xl full face snell and dot approved icon helmet to match and a blue neon LED night kit already installed (with on/off switch) for that beautiful night time glow...i am also up for trades for other 600cc sport bikes like GSXRs, R1s, R6s or newer Kawi Ninjas ( i would add $$$ of course)...i believe Katanas combine the speed and look of a sport bike and the comfort of a touring bike, what more can you ask for? feel free to give me a call if you have any questions or if you'd like to come and check her out!

(this is a cleveland area code but i live in columbus)

Okay, not meaning to hijack your thread, but a few things struck me funny:

i've been on the freeway with the big boys and had no problem keeping up...she's been up to 135mph and i weight about 185lbs and she still had room to go (i just chickened out)...so if speed is what you're looking for she has you covered...

I was 225lbs when I had my 01 Katana 600, and had it up to 147. That was pegged, geared out, had no more to go.

but then again, she's top heavy enough where if you're a new rider she won't pop up on you and give you a scare.

A 600 Katana doesn't just pop up and scare you. You have to clutch it and damn near break your back pulling it up to get it to do a half-assed wheelie.

i believe Katanas combine the speed and look of a sport bike and the comfort of a touring bike, what more can you ask for?

Uhm, that's because they're sport-touring bikes.

I think Katanas are the absolute best beginner's bikes. They aren't too much power, not by far. You can't really do anything too stupid on them. But because of their weight, they force you to learn how to ride properly. As much shit as I got for riding a "Kan-a-tuna", I wouldn't have changed it for anything. Just my two cents plus some.

thanks for the insight, i heard you had a katana just like mine, we met a few weeks ago at kickstand and before you showed up there was a guy who asked if i bought mine from you...but i agree, they do force you to ride properly, and i'm ready for a true super sport bike now...honestly, i would let her go for $3,100 if someone had the dough like this week, because i'm getting my bike probably as early as saturday...so if you know anyone who wants a great beginner bike...shoot them my way...thanks!

(i live near OSU campus area)