Bhp....

V8 Beast

Have any of you stopped to think just how fast your cars really are????? I was looking for cars because that VR4 I wanted to buy is looking more like a scam. So in looking I remembered that all these cars are rated in bhp, not whp. If you take some time to think about what your car actually puts out to the crank its crazy!!! I know that 20% loss to the wheels for automatics and 15% for manuals isnt an exact science... but its the easiest calculation to go by.

That 500BHP lambo doesnt look that great to me anymore, especially since I could take any car and make a faster car for hundreds of thousands less :(

You also take into effect taller tires, bigger rear, converter and whether it's locked or not, etc. Almost stock my car made 376.8 bhp (314rwhp down to the paper filter w/ free mods) when it was factory rated at 305 bhp.

You were one of the lucky ones that had the corvette like numbers right off the assembly line. My car was around 298rwhp when I got it.

I'd rather pick up my wife in a 500hp Lambo than a 500hp Neon anyday of the week.... ;)

HP -vs- Cost isn't everything.... :nono:

Hell, for the cost of a lambo you could make that neon look like what ever you want it too. You are right though, those are some of the only cars you can brag about being next to, not even inside. Its the power of them that disapoints me now..... but I would trade my TA for one in a heart beat!!!!!!!!

Have any of you stopped to think just how fast your cars really are????? I was looking for cars because that VR4 I wanted to buy is looking more like a scam. So in looking I remembered that all these cars are rated in bhp, not whp. If you take some time to think about what your car actually puts out to the crank its crazy!!! I know that 20% loss to the wheels for automatics and 15% for manuals isnt an exact science... but its the easiest calculation to go by.

That 500BHP lambo doesnt look that great to me anymore, especially since I could take any car and make a faster car for hundreds of thousands less :(

I see where you are coming from. But a Lamborghini Galardo or the Spyder. make your 500 bhp but are also AWD a little bit bigger then a 4d ford focus. that is inpressive. also take into consideration that if you have the money to buy one you also have the abilitly to mod it as well. yes you could build a f-body, vette, or stand to go faster. If you really have the money youprobably already have 1 or all 3.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/11_Gallardo-Spyder.jpg

personally I think this is one of the sexiest cars on the road.

Hands down one of the best designed and engineered cars. Handling is amazing, and the 0-60 is crazy. I'm just saying that in my head I see 395whp instead of 500bhp and it takes away that fastest car in the world vibe. Remember arguing about which one was faster...the Lamborghini or the Ferrari = Classic