FS: '88 Accord LX

zuht

SOLD

260k, 2.0L carb. motor, 5-speed, power windows/locks/mirrors, AM/FM/Cass, clean title

Make no mistake, this is a beater. But, it runs and drives and has yet to leave me stranded. 5th gear went out a couple hundred miles ago. Most of those subsequent miles were on the highway, but I wouldn't recommend doing that too much simply because of gas mileage. When it still had 5th, I saw an average of 27-30mpg mixed driving. Paint is not so fantastic (flaking off the roof, some rust elsewhere).

What you might want to fix:

-Service 5th gear, or swap the transmission

-Replace a section of exhaust flex pipe between the manifold and converter. The factory crimp connection came loose, so it's a little noisey.

-Rewire headlight controls or replace the "combination switch" (assembly with headlight/wiper controls). Turn switch lever is cracked, so when you signal the headlights sometimes turn off until you jiggle them back on (it's a fun game, try it sometime).

-Inspect brake pads/shoes for wear (starting to make some noise)

-If you want A/C, replace the condensor (I have one already, it's included) and check for additional leaks (this is the only one I noticed). While pressurized, the system works fine.

I have a nice service manual in PDF format, and a Hayne's book.

Pics from September-ish:

http://www.zuht.com/media/accord/

Any questions/interest, please call me

614-552-4294 (home, try first)

614-499-1144 (cell)