Interior cleaning suggestions.

Stampede

I'm buying another car, but the interior is alittle dirty, to say the least. I steam cleaned two floor mats at work, cleaned up nicely. I plan on doing the same with the carpet, but does anyone have any good suggestions on how to give the seats a deep cleaning, and what works the best on stains?

Thanks.

If you plan on cleaning it a lot I went and got a Little Green Cleaning Machine.

http://lnt.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pLNT-1091029_group_reg.jpg

Just spray a spot cleaner on the rough spots and let this thing go to work. It is pretty amazing from when I have used it. Only costs like $20-30 too.

while we are on this topic.. andy.. microfiber suede seats.

in my 04 civic si the seats are that micro suede or whatever and just wondering what to do to clean those

While I love Alcantara it's a nightmare to clean if / when it gets soiled.

Here's a site that will give you some pretty good tips on maintaining it.

http://www.alcantara.com/

For a cleaning material I'd suggest a solution of woolite and water. 1-part woolite to 10-parts water.

Andy

I always wondered about that from when we had the lightning.

Chad make sure you use the proper cleaner that they sell at sweeper stores or it will leave a residue and it will get twice as dirty twice as quick from the dirt clinging to the soap. They sell a cleaner that is called Extract and it works well and if it needs spot treated they sell a product called wonderball (I think) That works well. Also Check for color fasting of the cloth before you dive in an start wetting everything

Thanks guys, I didn't know the spot cleaner was the cheap.

Buckeye: What do you mean about Checking color fasting?

Thanks.

Some stronger cleaners can mute / fade the color of the material. Alcantara is esp. prone to this problem due to the nature of the material. You *should* be OK if you're using a mild cleaner like woolite / water but it's always good to check a small out-of-the way spot first just to be safe.

Also be sure to use a white cloth to clean the area as dye in color'd cloth could bleed slightly into the area you're cleaning as well.

Andy