Fucking Shitty Ass Airplanes!

Science Abuse

They own and maintain a fleet of aircraft, and offer services with it. They take your money and commit you to a schedule. You plan your entire trip around this schedule. For the money they charge, they aught to be able to provide you with the transportation you bloody paid for. All planes need maintainence, but it should not be done on the bloody tarmac with people waiting. Increase the service interval, especially for common problems as Dave mentioned.

If you tell some one that you're going to take them some where at 8:00, you are obligated to take them somewhere at 8:00.

I couldnt disagree more.

Air transportation isnt the bus system.

Each flight they have to do soo much and each airline is responisble for so much. Say a flight of 250 passengers, that means they responsible for your security and saftey which is hard to do at 30,000+ feet even with the technology we have today. Think about how comfortable your flight is, you can fly from columbus to south florida in a little over 2 hours and feel a couple slight bumps... Thats amazing. 20 minutes late or 2 hours late it beats driving espically when the delay time improves your saftey.

Not to mention the crazy expensive of the plane the airline is trying to take cover so they get their monies worth.. Id service it after each flight too.

Still disagree. Not that flying isn't complicated, I'm very familiar with what goes inot it.

I'm bitching about charging for a service that you cannot provide. I buy this ticket and schedule my meeting around the flight plan that you give me. You tell me we're going to be in Dallas at 5pm, we bloody well better be there by 5pm. If you can't provide such assurances, don't make them.

Also, per Eli's post, I left out that she was called by the airline about 10 mins before her flight was to leave and informed that, not only was it canceled, but that they had already re-booked her for the same flight the next day. She was not offered options, she was not offered another carrier, she was offered nothing.

Some one owes her cash for the hotel she had to stay in.

WOW! You clearly haven't flow enough and have no idea what is involved. Ya, it's a service but there is a little more involved then making your Happy Meal at the local fast food joint.

Your lack of planning doesn't constitute an emergency on there part. Maybe if you have a 5pm meeting you should arrive that morning sometime. So if the flight is on time who are you going to blame NEXT when you are late? (Traffic, Taxi co, people leaving the airport, Train's full, etc....etc....)

You can bitch all you want but what's sad is you will probably never appreciate what they actually do and how much is involved to operate an Airline. I guess it's God's fault for the Blizzard fliyng into Denver.... :rolleyes:

So if there was a major problem and by your reasoning they flew anyway. You'll be the same guy inline for a payout from the crash lawsuit when you were the one bitching to go. Typical BS that you could just man up and take for the team. I still don't see the problem. So you get to stay in a hotel for a night that your company probably pays for. Even then if it is the airlines fault, they have to privide you with a hotel. Again, you sound realy clueless on the topic. ....

Fuck flying...... I don't trust the planes or the grease monkeys that keep them in the sky that much.

If my car breaks down, I coast to a stop along side of a road some place and stick out my thumb.

If a plane experiences certain failures, it falls out of the sky at 300 MPH while I sit on it with my head between my knees kissing my ass goodbye.

I like the thumb thing better.

your in a wwII era plane if its only going 300mph everything on a plane gets checked then double checked and then signed off on by an engineer from the FAA. I feel safer in a plane than I would in half the cars on the road