Key fob programming

Buck531

Anyone have instruction on how to program a keyfob for a 95 Regal? The stealership wants the minimum of $40 and a max of $80. Not worth it for the beater car.

I've tried changing the batteries in both fobs.. nada. It worked a few years ago, but then slowly stopped working.

I did find instructions, but they were for 96+ Buicks.. they're a little different.

Open rear compartment lid and position carpet (next to the antenna) aside.

Access the program wire terminal.

Using a jumper wire with alligator clips, ground the wire terminal to the antenna.

The door locks will automatically lock and unlock, indicating that the receiver is in the programming mode.

Important

Any transmitter that was previously matched has been erased.

With the system still grounded, press any button on the transmitter.

The door locks will automatically lock and unlock, indicating that the transmitter code has been set. if coding a second transmitter, repeat step 4. Important

Removing the jumper wire before the second transmitter is programmed will prevent the transmitters from being matched. if this mistake is made and you wish to program a second transmitter, unground wire and repeat steps 3, 4 and 5.

Remove jumper wire.

The system will not operate if the jumper wire is not removed.

Verify operation of the transmitter(s).

Properly position the carpet.

Well shit, didn't work. I mean.. the stuff unlocked/locked like it said when I grounded it, but when I hit a button the fob it didnt do shit. I even ran to radio shack and got some expensive ass batteries :(. I'm going to grab one off of ebay.