Dyno rumors...

Turbotrio

Good to hear Jeff. That will definitely bring in some additional revenue!!!

Im actually hoping to use it just as much to test and better parts we fabricate. Being able to swap out Turbos or a Sheetmetal Intake or different sized Throttle-Body or various cams or different diameter exhausts on the dyno will be awesome for R&D. Im very excited to start using it on both sides for sure :)

Now we just need a 3x bigger building...

Jeff

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually hoping to use it just as much to test and better parts we fabricate. Being able to swap out Turbos or a Sheetmetal Intake or different sized Throttle-Body or various cams or different diameter exhausts on the dyno will be awesome for R&D. Im very excited to start using it on both sides for sure :)

Now we just need a 3x bigger building...

Jeff

great idea that way you can package a "dyno proven setup".

I not familiar with the AWD dynos, do you have to remove the wheels from the car or do you spin the heavy drums like Brian's?

Nope, wheels stay on and you just drive on the rollers and strap her down. They only stick up about 1" over the level of the floor (if that). The drums on the AWD units are actually MUCH smaller -- IIRC they are like 28" tall.

1500HP / 200MPH.

Keep us posted on dates for dyno days! So far I have been tuned on Buschur's dyno and well, like all the others have said it is a "heartbreaker". I'd be interested to compare the two dyno's as I have read a post by David Buschur stating how much lower his dyno actually reads compared to your average dynojet. It was an amazing difference, right around 20% if I can remember correctly!

I thought they lived in Johnstown?

I think you're thinking of Shad Bucher who is a guy who owns an EVO and lives up in Johnstown. He is in no way related to David Buschur.

Buschur Racing is located in Wakeman OH (about 15min east of Norwalk).

So that makes columbus having 5 dyno's in town

1. Rx7store/advanced imports

2. Dyno Brian

3. Slowmotion

4. AutoExotica’s

5. IPS

Sorry for my lack of research into this question, but is there honestly enough of this business to go around between all these local shops? Sure it would be awesome to have one in house but when you figure in your time how much do you actually profit on a dyno pull? For the 10s of thousands they cost I'm wondering the cost/benefit of having one compared to using one of the other shops.

Congrats, does it have the ability to load a car like a Mustang dyno does?

Bill

This question will determine where the majority of tunes will be done. If said purchase is the 424xLC, the answer is yes. If its the 424x, the answer is unfortunetly not.

However, most of the 2wd variants can be outfitted with a torque cell.

Sorry for my lack of research into this question, but is there honestly enough of this business to go around between all these local shops? Sure it would be awesome to have one in house but when you figure in your time how much do you actually profit on a dyno pull? For the 10s of thousands they cost I'm wondering the cost/benefit of having one compared to using one of the other shops.

I see where you're coming from: that seems like an awful lot of dynos just for the Columbus metro area. Yet, I think that, with some shops, like IPS, the benefits of a dyno won't be so much in terms of people coming for dyno pulls and tuning as opposed to R&D and the cost-effectiveness of having an in-house dyno that can be used for tuning those shops' cars whenever. My impression is that it's something of a hassle to have to use another shop's dyno - you have to work around that shop's schedule, you have to pay them for the time, so and so forth. Having an in-house dyno would - I imagine - begin to pay for itself over time when you factor in things like convenience, not having to pay other shops to use their dynos, and so forth.

I see where you're coming from: that seems like an awful lot of dynos just for the Columbus metro area. Yet, I think that, with some shops, like IPS, the benefits of a dyno won't be so much in terms of people coming for dyno pulls and tuning as opposed to R&D and the cost-effectiveness of having an in-house dyno that can be used for tuning those shops' cars whenever. My impression is that it's something of a hassle to have to use another shop's dyno - you have to work around that shop's schedule, you have to pay them for the time, so and so forth. Having an in-house dyno would - I imagine - begin to pay for itself over time when you factor in things like convenience, not having to pay other shops to use their dynos, and so forth.

I agree with Tilley, save time and $$$ on testing parts/configurations(R&D) on their own dyno.

My impression is that it's something of a hassle to have to use another shop's dyno - you have to work around that shop's schedule, you have to pay them for the time, so and so forth. Having an in-house dyno would - I imagine - begin to pay for itself over time when you factor in things like convenience, not having to pay other shops to use their dynos, and so forth.

I agree with you on the convenience. It just seems like an awful lot of overhead for a market that has a lot of choices for similar services. I really hope it works out for the shop. Its definitely nice to have one so close to my house.