SRS(airbag light) cleared

Guest GMoney

I need someone to clear my SRS light. It came on yesterday, i drove home from work, then left to go back out and SRS light damn. I would like to have someone check it and possibly clear it before i have to go to the dealer and have them do it. 04 evo by the way. Let me know if you can or know someone who has a access to a SRS scanner.

The liability of simply "clearing it" usually keeps anyone except the dealerships from aiding you with this. Should there be a problem with the SRS and you are in an accident where a part of the system malfunctions causing injury. The individual who "cleared" the system can be held civilly liable.

Guest Removed

you can clear it..but if there is a problem , it will come right back on..normally a crash sensor or something like that(not sure on the evo tho)

if you would like it fixxed ...first link in my sig.

its a normal scanner... no special srs scanner.

it requires a special srs scanner i have tried the snap-on and mac odb2 scanners and they won't do it.

I just don't want it cleared. I want to read the code so i can figure out if it is.

Oh well i was just trying to get a little help from on here and flip a 20 spot in someone pocket for 5 min of work.

Dave sweet thanks look it up and let me know.

I have an appointment with Roby at 9:30am on Saturday

Sorry to Gearhead but i would not go to Shiffletautocare because the car is still under warrenty i just dont want the dealer to see the mods on the car unless i have to...

WTF are you thinking?

I am not going to pay shiffletauto fix something that i can get done at the dealer for free. I just want someone to scan it and tell me if it major because in past cars i have had the light come on and it just moisture and i just cleaned the contacts and have added alittle grease, light never returned.

I was just expecting someone on here to help a fellow car guy and make a 20 spot or maybe i owe one.

• 4 months later...
Guest GMoney
Sorry to bring this back but I had the light cleared and now its back. I think i need to have the sensor replaced under warrenty. I originally had it done by dave from roby but i heard that he got fired. :( Does anyone work at one of the mitsu dealerships or know someone that does. The problem is that i have to swap ECUs to get the code to read and clear. It only take me a few seconds to swap the ECUs i just dont want the dealership asking a million questions about my car. I want this light off again. Thanks in advance.

mine is on too. i went to the dealer to have it cleared, but the next day it came right back on. :(

The light doesn't come on for no reason. Have the problem fixed and it'll go away. Clearing it doesn't do anything unless it's an EVAP code, even those go out by theirselves after 40 ignition cycles.

most likely, you have a wire for a scuib connector get thugged and it throw s scuib code, pretty much sucks you have to go to the deal to get it scanner, i know an hourly guy there his name is jeff, go ask for him and say ricky sent me over, have him scan it and tellyou the code and then clear it, or jsut disconnect your battery for like a day, see if reseting the ecm memory will clear it sometimes it works some times it doesnt