Umm.......Sony.......WOW!

morabu

Actually its because the european model of the ps3 was already screwed up as far as backwards compatibility. So instead of investing their time and money into something that isnt that important, they are just going to use software emulation which wont make the current backwards compatibility much worse rather than stick the expensive ps2 hardware into the thing. it would be nice to see them lower the price a bit though.

pc games > *, so who cares

I don't think that pc games will be around for very much longer, unless they figure a few things out. the biggest problem is the x86, i wont get into all this, but the upcoming game system will be more like computers with a focus on gameing. the ps3 can already be used as a home pc out of the box, and all three systems can use keyboards and mice.

I don't think that pc games will be around for very much longer, unless they figure a few things out. the biggest problem is the x86, i wont get into all this, but the upcoming game system will be more like computers with a focus on gameing. the ps3 can already be used as a home pc out of the box, and all three systems can use keyboards and mice.

Agreed, I can download movies, music, chat, and stream music over my stereo from the xbox, the line between pc and game system is being more blurred everyday.

Sony fucking blows and I hope the PS3 blows up in their face.

Agreed, I can download movies, music, chat, and stream music over my stereo from the xbox, the line between pc and game system is being more blurred everyday.

Sony fucking blows and I hope the PS3 blows up in their face.

It would be nice if you didn't have to stick with Microsoft supported software. It pisses me off to no end that you can't stream Divx through the 360. I shouldn't have to re-encode all my stuff to mpg or wmv format for the POFS to play it. There is software that fools the 360 by transcoding into a playable format but it takes a lot of CPU to do it and for those of use not running a super machine it's impractical. They advertise it as a great media center box but don't support other formats that are superior to their proprietary crap.

It would be nice if you didn't have to stick with Microsoft supported software. It pisses me off to no end that you can't stream Divx through the 360. I shouldn't have to re-encode all my stuff to mpg or wmv format for the POFS to play it. There is software that fools the 360 by transcoding into a playable format but it takes a lot of CPU to do it and for those of use not running a super machine it's impractical. They advertise it as a great media center box but don't support other formats that are superior to their proprietary crap.

Very true, I have a lot of videos in Divx format and tried the transcode thing and my computer couldnt do it.