Problems with a Ford Contour

navybradSE

This is a '99 Contour non SVT V6 Auto

When the car sits idle, even when the temperatures are not cold, and when the engine temperature is right where it should be, the car continuously revs up to 3000+ RPM when sitting idle, no matter if it is in park or in Drive. Then whenever I try to slow down the car wants to jump forward, almost as if its not shifting down correctly. (I really don't know much about cars so don't make fun of me if I'm wrong lol). The car also will idle down around 500 RPM when it has always idled around 1000, and you can tell when its at 500 that it is not running correctly, because the exhaust and everything else don't sound right. The car also has a tendency to die on the first couple starts, and once again this is not always when it is cold. It was around 48 degrees the other day and it didn't Any feedback would be great, as the garage I took it to obviously can't seem to find the problem.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Idle air control motor

or the intake manifold runner control

Pm derek (TURBORUST) he can help you get it straightened out, he's had 2 or 3 2.5 countours and one with a 3.0 from a taurus swapped into it

Lol thats funny that you mentioned Derek....he's my brother in law...I was just seeing if anyone on here had any ideas because I didn't have time to call him after he got off work tonight, but I'm calling him tomorrow

Guest Removed
Problem has been fixed. We found a broken vacuum hose, guessing it happened accidentally when the shop had the car for a few days...Thanks for the help though.

sometimes they do get oil soaked and decide to let go at random.

common for those too do that. ;)

this was an 1/8 inch hard plastic line that was probably broke when the shop they took it to pulled the intake off.

Yeah....lol...I now see why you hate it when we take it to Jeff's....I've wanted to have you fix it but you know how dad is impatient. Thanks for the help Derek, of course. I'm going to have a new intake bought for it here in the next week or so....so I'll keep you updated.