TH350 tranny problem?

johnivang

There's a ticking noise coming from behind the torque convertor/flexplate area? It seems more noticable under load and when it warms up but the transmission shifts fine. I'm leaning toward a cracked flexplate? Any suggestions?

cracked flexplate or a bolt may have backed out and rubbing on something

Thanks for the reply! I look and there are only four bolts holding the tiny (skinny) torque converter to the flexplate so the bolt theory can be ruled out. The flexplate, however, looks pretty thin but with the torque convertor bolted on I can not inspect it but it spins like it should. Since the tranny was fully built and pretty new, it should be good. Also, this ticking noise started soon after I cranked up the boost from 9psi to 22psi and did some major brake/torque pratices.

Who does everyone trust their cars to? I am willing to pay extra for quality work. I am not in the best shape to be working on cars for the time being even though I do have the tools.

Take off the inspection plate and have a look. Its possible that its simply the inspection plate vibrating also. You can even check the bolts from there. I'd do that before I'd let a shop tell me I need something just so they get to rob me.

Evan