tax returns?

brennan

so, today i mentioned to a buddy of mine at work, "i can't freakin' wait for tax returns this year, i'm going to finally get parts for my bike that i want". well, basically he replied stating don't get your hopes up, and mentioned something about there may not be tax returns this year due to the government spending and whatnot.

has anyone heard this?

i just feel like it's my damn money and i deserve it back, i worked for it.

ok, I've seen a lot of changes over time, and I've noticed that when an administration promises middle income families more money returned, it does not include middle income single people. Expect to pay more under those conditions. I don't remember if it's just one party or the other that does it more often, but I do remember that there is a trend of one party doing this more than the other. Now for the bad news, the individual states will go through the same need for cash flow. I would expect most states including ours to attempt to increase income by increasing taxes of all types. It's a bit weird, people earn less money or have less jobs, but the state and federal governments won't get along with less money.

ok, I've seen a lot of changes over time, and I've noticed that when an administration promises middle income families more money returned, it does not include middle income single people. Expect to pay more under those conditions. I don't remember if it's just one party or the other that does it more often, but I do remember that there is a trend of one party doing this more than the other. Now for the bad news, the individual states will go through the same need for cash flow. I would expect most states including ours to attempt to increase income by increasing taxes of all types. It's a bit weird, people earn less money or have less jobs, but the state and federal governments won't get along with less money.

I know....I always get screwed b/c I'm single with NO kids. When we got those checks in may mine was soooo small compared to my friends who make much less than me but have 2 or 3 kids. I just feel like as a single person we deserve the same.

I know....I always get screwed b/c I'm single with NO kids. When we got those checks in may mine was soooo small compared to my friends who make much less than me but have 2 or 3 kids. I just feel like as a single person we deserve the same.

OR... You and I can make some babies together. A tax brake would be like frosting on the cake.:D

I agree. It's bologna. And i have kids. At the same time if you pay gobs of child support you can't even qualify for assistance with heat or electric bills because they ignore the fact you pay it yet it's not considered income for the payee and they can qualify?

the new tax structure might not take effect until 2010 if Obama lets them run their coarse. If he doesnt then the Lower/Middle class will then receive the cuts while the upper class (top 10%) will have their taxes raised. Also, the republicans are trying as hard as they can to pass a new stimulus bill to spend more money before they have to leave office.