GM Cert. Cars

Guest 5.7

What exactly does this mean? My car is a GM cert car, but the cruise control hasn't worked.. my moonroof button has been fucked since I bought it and the plastic around it fell off and the button is up in there.. and the front has been vibrating. Work crazy ass hours and I can never get it back in there. How were they able to pass this along as a GM cert car? I called up Roby and talked to them. I told them that it doesn't seem right, it being a GM Cert car and those things wrong with it. Then he informs me he didn't know if they could give me a car while its in the shop.. wtf.. nothing should be wrong with the car, not my fault..

pretty much means its low mile and still under GM warranty. your cruse doesn't work because the PCM needs reprogramed, when your in traffic and don't take your foot all the way off the clutch pedel it sets a fulse code and disables cruse. they should give you a car because its still under warranty. if they won't help you bring it to me and we'll help you.

The Formula fell into this category, a GM Certified Used Vehicle.

It's a three month, 3k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty starting from the day you buy it. It's like the factory warranty, after being reinspected by the selling dealership, and is honored at all GM dealerships (again, think factory warranty).

In my case, I bought the car at Fairborn Pontiac-Buick-GMC in Dayton, and had my pinion seal, fuel pump, radio, power antenna, power windows, and another pinion seal all replaced under warranty at Dennis Pontiac on Morse Road. They even provided me a loaner car.

I did have a problem with them not reassembling something in the panhard area, so I called and threw a fit to Pontiac Customer Service. They sent me a certificate for a free 50,000 mile maintainence (with 37k on the car) and the dealership did a spark plug change and rotated/balanced my new drag radials (on a supercharged Formula at that) after a call from their Service Manager to me.

If purchased after Mar. 1 of this year it means it has a 3 month/3000 mile bumper to bumper and a 5yr/100,000 powertrain warranty from the original in service date. If it was purchased before March 1 your warranty runs up to 39,000 miles or 39 months from the original in service date. The warranty doesn't guarantee you a rental car. I know at my dealership we offer a rental if the car will be in service for longer than one day. I guess it just depends on the dealership.

Most of the time I have had dealership work done, I didn't get a rental till after they found out what was wrong and if it was going to take over 8 hours to repair or if they were going to have to wait on parts. Some dealerships offer free rentals for all service work done in their shops. You may want to call around to see if anyone will offer you that.

CamaroAJ is correct, your PCM needs reprogrammed for the cruise concern. The vibration in the front, is it in the steering wheel, is it while braking, does it make a noise going over bumps? I know that platform has a problem with the sway bar bushing that is a common problem. But I've also seen a lot of them warping the rotors on a regular basis. Your car should have a bumper-to-bumper warrenty until 36k miles or 3 years from the original owner purchase date.

At low speed esp just start up the car and leaving it will vibrate. I feel like its coming from the front passenger side of the car.. Its rather annoying.. After awhile it does go away..