color help

tbone

Seems like green is an "in" color. Maybe neon green? which is a yellow-green. Maybe purple (not violet) and red (not red-orange) accents, which is a split complementary color scheme. Loud without being pukey, but that's the idea. Whatever colors you use, keep them balanced for harmony. Confused now?

SplitComplementary.gif

http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-harmonies.htm

this is a split complementary based on green. For yellow-green (neon) it would shift one notch counter-clockwise. Click the "next" at the bottom of that page for the menu of the whole basic story of color harmony.

Whatever colors you use, keep them balanced for harmony.

LOL harmony....that is what I need!!

It was purple when I first got it..

What i'm really thinking is OSU type bike

light grey(maybe even gun metal) with the red/white/black (maybe loaded with silver flake) stripe (hell might even just do it all in flats)

but the other color i was thinking is green with heavy gold flake and ......ghost flame

You don't have it listed as a choice, but I always favor blue. Now, considering it is a Yamaha you could use that to tie it in. I painted an old cbr600, 99 Honda civic si blue. It was a nice color. I powder coated everything a bright white, but a lot of colors would have went well with the blue.

You don't have it listed as a choice, but I always favor blue. Now, considering it is a Yamaha you could use that to tie it in. I painted an old cbr600, 99 Honda civic si blue. It was a nice color. I powder coated everything a bright white, but a lot of colors would have went well with the blue.

I think the Blue on the new Honda Accords is a bad ass color! The Civic si blue is cool too and is a good chioce.

Have you considered a burt orange color? That might look good on a chopper

im not really diggin any of those exact colors..maybe a deeper red,high gloss, or a brighter green, not so dark, also high gloss.

example

NYCBTGREENREAPER.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

or the kawasaki magna red! i love that color.. has a tint of orange in the sun light

Edited by ninjachk08