wtb:SR20Det

Linc5.0

So I am thinking about buying a early-mid 70's Datsun 240 or 260Z. I want to swap in a sr20det...I want to know if anyone knows where i can get one cheap?I have found them on ebay for like $1800 and up...Just seeing if there are any cheaper or in town?Let me know.Thanks...

I just ordered a S14 for a customer yesterday.

I can get you a 90-93 SR20DET S13 swap

Company:* Nissan

Code:* SR20DET S13

Year:* 90-93

Valve Train:* DOHC

Displacement:* 1998 cc

Horse Power:* 205 hp @ 6000 rpm

Torque:* 203 ft/lbs @ 4000 rpm

Compression:* 8.5 :1

SR20DET Engine 5-Speed RWD Hydraulic Transmission Engine Wiring Harness (Uncut) ECU (Computer) Intake Manifold Fuel Rail Injectors Throttle Body Exhaust Manifold Turbo Cam-Angle Sensor Alternator Starter A/C Compressor Power Steering Pump Sensors Fly Wheel Clutch kit MAF Igniter chip

I can do: $2050 plus tax shipped to the shop.

My Nissan tech said if you hit a point in the wiring or install and need help he will undertake the project.

Hope this helps!!

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

Yea i actually have met the guy that owns it...he is a professional stunt rider. Its the hotness. I thought about v-8 but i want the lightest weight possible and stay true to the nismo.(though v-8 not out of question...)

Joshua, Im gonna come in and talk to you about the swap and such. I dont know how much of the swap I will be able to do myself.

After further review i read that the RB20det is a 90% drop in motor...So I think im gonna go that route..basically same power as the sr20.

The rb will be around the same power, but you'll need a r32 crossmember to drop in with it. If you go this route, you may as well get a whole front clip.

You may want to consider a ca18det. They're cheap as hell and unlike the sr, it has an iron block. It's slightly less powerful, but if you upgrade the turbo to that of the stock one on an sr, you'll be making around the same. You can find these ranging from 700-1500 bucks.

There are 3 pretty popular Nissan motorsets: ca, sr and rb series. Each will need motor mount work and wire harness work to mate to anything. I'm not sure but you may also need a crossmember for each respective motor to drop into something else. The sr came out of the silvia, rb came out of the skyline and the ca came out of some silvias but mainly the s12 silvia: the 200sx.

s12 ca18det s13 89-90 silvia had a ca18det. 91-93 redtop sr20det 94-98 180sx black top sr20det then the s14 sr20det vvt, the s15 sr20det 6 speed vvt

if you need anywork with rb motors call mckinney motorsports and tell them jason smith from columbus sent you, they have drop in rb kits for the z if you wanted to go that route....wiring is a peice of cake if you are use to nissans.

i suggest a redtop this prices are great and the power is awesome also you dont have to mess w/ the vvt when you build it. also you can use stock 240 motor mount. i think that the sr is one of the most popular swaps for the older datsuns but the vg30dett out of z32's would be sick