Computertraining.com

DLN1223

Woah! That's really expensive. What do you get at the end of the training? A new degree or something? For that kind of money they better guarantee job placement.

My thoughts exactly!

While I wouldn't mind paying for training thats worth it, 28k seems really high for no guarantee on a job. But theres no guarantee on anything.

I was just thinking surely there's somewhere else to do it perhaps cheaper or if this was the norm.

C'mon IT guys where are you? :D

scam.

if you want a computer cert, check out cscc.

we offer several non-credit computer certs for oracle, cisco, microsoft, etc.

PM cbrgirl. she can get you the list. it's her department that handles those.

Thanks!

Is there anywhere close to Cincinnati?

100mi commute to school would suck ;)

scam.

if you want a computer cert, check out cscc.

we offer several non-credit computer certs for oracle, cisco, microsoft, etc.

PM cbrgirl. she can get you the list. it's her department that handles those.

this is verrrry good info.

CSCC also has many distance learning classes available.

do you guys have a community college? most offer the same sort of things.

for instance, you could take the four ccna classes here for $3600 and have your ccna when you're finished. that's a $60k+ per year job easily.

yeah true story, and really you dont need the classes for something like a ccna. if you really want you can just buy the books and then go take the test.

for instance, you could take the four ccna classes here for $3600 and have your ccna when you're finished. that's a $60k+ per year job easily.

:eek: 3.6k > 28K

Thanks!

yeah true story, and really you dont need the classes for something like a ccna. if you really want you can just buy the books and then go take the test.

Have you ever taken the CCNA test??? You definitely need the classes. The hands on labs make it all worth it. Unless you want to buy your own router and a couple switches. Add in the fiber cards, etc. Only around $4000 or so. The classes make it so much easier. I learn much better hands on rather than reading a book, as do most people.

:lol:

Definitely take the classes for anything Oracle or Cisco.

The Microsoft stuff you can definitely do without the classes, but the classes help.

Whatever you do, don't go talk to them in person.

Basically that online test is your entrance exam. Then they bring you in, and give you a bunch of free shit. Then they have you sign some papers, which are loan applications. Price has gone up since I talked to them. it was $24k for 6 months. Plus you have to fund everything out of pocket. No grants, federal funding etc.

Basically they will harrass you into taking their classes. I ignored them and went a different route.

The certs you get at the end are:

MCP

MCSA

MCSE

Plus you get tought by a MCT. woohoo.

The certs are worth looking into, but not at that cost.

Whatever you do, don't go talk to them in person.

Basically that online test is your entrance exam. Then they bring you in, and give you a bunch of free shit. Then they have you sign some papers, which are loan applications. Price has gone up since I talked to them. it was $24k for 6 months. Plus you have to fund everything out of pocket. No grants, federal funding etc.

Basically they will harrass you into taking their classes. I ignored them and went a different route.

The certs you get at the end are:

MCP

MCSA

MCSE

Plus you get tought by a MCT. woohoo.

The certs are worth looking into, but not at that cost.

If you get your MCSE, you automatically have your MCP and MCSA. FYI.

MCP: Microsoft Certified Professional

MCSA: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator

MCSE: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

Have you ever taken the CCNA test??? You definitely need the classes. The hands on labs make it all worth it. Unless you want to buy your own router and a couple switches. Add in the fiber cards, etc. Only around $4000 or so. The classes make it so much easier. I learn much better hands on rather than reading a book, as do most people.

:lol:

Definitely take the classes for anything Oracle or Cisco.

The Microsoft stuff you can definitely do without the classes, but the classes help.

i know a few people that have just picked up the books and passed the na and the np without classes. but i would never be able to do it either. i took two years of classes for the na in high school and still didnt pass. but that was high school and i really didnt care, the teacher was hot and that was about the only reason i took the class......

i know a few people that have just picked up the books and passed the na and the np without classes. but i would never be able to do it either. i took two years of classes for the na in high school and still didnt pass. but that was high school and i really didnt care, the teacher was hot and that was about the only reason i took the class......

:lol: Hot women should not be allowed to teach. It's too much of a distraction.

Is there a natural order I should be taking or is it already planned out for the courses?

MCSE is the method to aim for? How long does it usually take?

Does that include the oracle and cisco you were talking about or are they additional training.

Is there a natural order I should be taking or is it already planned out for the courses?

Does that include the oracle and cisco you were talking about or are they additional training.

Honestly, MCSE is almost a waste of time now. The market is so diluted with people with MCSE certifications.

Oracle and Cisco are completely different. Oracle is an enterprise level database. Cisco is networking.

www.microsoft.com

www.oracle.com

www.cisco.com

Honestly, MCSE is almost a waste of time now. The market is so diluted with people with MCSE certifications.

Oracle and Cisco are completely different. Oracle is an enterprise level database. Cisco is networking.

ben is right microsoft certified people are everywhere, i would get a specialized certification i.e. cisco or oracle and then go for the microsoft stuff as a fall back.

watch out for people promising Oracle certification. If it is not Oracle University, then they are "certifying" you via their tests, not Oracle's. when you have a cert on a resume for Oracle, you better have the notorized copies of the exam results to prove it is from a real test.

One thing about the Oracle certification, the tests are like playing "Where's Waldo"...if Waldo moved around a lot. They will give you examples and have to correct answers, and you need to decide which of the two correct answers is the "better" answer.:beating:

The Oracle training is expensive, but very good. Learning Tree has some of the best instructors, but for a DBA course(actually 4 separate courses) you are looking at shelling out at least $5,000. While the courses help, they are just a drop in the bucket. If you can get in somewhere that will take you on as a lower level DBA, then you have a chance of learning by doing the job.

Higher education is a great area to get a job for Oracle training/experience. If you come from a technical background, then the transition wouldn't be that bad.

uh, where do i sign up again?