Optima Batteries?

ohio_wookie

Whats everyones opinion on these? I put a red top in my MR2 11 months ago, and on my way down 23 lastnight it popped big time! I pulled it out this morning and it looked like the fucking elephant man.

Anyway, I got it replaced under the one year replacment warranty and I guess they have even upped the price like $40 in the last year.

im glad i saw this review i was about to buy one. What else would be a better choice.

if its a streeter just use a normal lead acid battery

if you need a gel battery to meet a class requirement for rollover saftey you can use an optima just plan on replacing it often

Whats everyones opinion on these? I put a red top in my MR2 11 months ago, and on my way down 23 lastnight it popped big time! I pulled it out this morning and it looked like the fucking elephant man.

Anyway, I got it replaced under the one year replacment warranty and I guess they have even upped the price like $40 in the last year.

Which mr2 is this? The one you bought from the mod on here?

SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!11 I wanted that car!!

i had a blue top marine battery do the same thing took out the control module and the voltage regulator when it popped. i will never own another one.

When I made the order I got 5 of them. The three you didn't buy are still running strong, have not had a single problem with them.

I have a red top in the camaro, the only time I have problems with it is during the winter when I let the car sit for months on end.... it used to be I'd go through a batter about every year, now it's about every 3 so it kind of works itself out to be even on price.

Damn, this is interesting. I thought when I saw this everyone was going to say how much they love them. I have had a red top in my car for about 3 years now and never a single problem. Granted I have only put about 18,000 on the car in that 3 years. My alternator wiring was even fucked up and I had the jump the thing many many times. I have a decent stereo too that pulls extra current out of her. NEVER A PROBLEM. I would prolly buy another when this one transforms into elephant man!!

Guest gdrenovas
I had a small yellow top in my Scirocco and Integra. Both lasted about a year before they popped. Have been using Exide since from my work (NTB) and they are perfect. Another employee there has a 240SX with a really big yellow top, and he loves it. When mine popped, I couldn't even jump start the car.

When I made the order I got 5 of them. The three you didn't buy are still running strong, have not had a single problem with them.

i am glad that u had good luck with yours. scott (buckeye)was behind me when it popped loud as hell. i have seen both good and bad with optima. me personally would i never own another.