Scirocco 16v turbo??

Guest gdrenovas

Guest gdrenovas

I'm looking for some advice from those who may have attempted turbocharging a Scirocco 16v or anything else with K-Jetronic.

Alright, some people may think this is a lost cause, but my Scirocco runs really well now, but I am a big fan of the boost, and want to apply it to my old 16v beast complete with its CIS-E "K-Jetronic" fuel system and all.

I don't really want to nix the CIS-E if at all possible. I have heard only of adding additional injectors and a controller for them, but I don't know how well this works. Any other options would be appreciated as well as opinions on the injector controller on how well it works and how difficult tuning will be. Thanks for any help you can give. I'd be most grateful.

Back when I was really into VW's, I thought about building a 1.8t hybrid. You basically use the 16v block, put the 1.8t head on it, and slap on all the electronics. There is a diary/journal of one guy who did it on VWvortex, you have to search for it though, it has been a long time since I have been there.

Guest gdrenovas
The manual would be a big help. There are only minor issues aside from fuel control. Maybe I should just spray a little. I've heard of the block swap, and its not a bad idea, but I just really want a boosted car again, even if it is a Scirocco.

• 3 weeks later...