Would you let Bestbuy or Circuit City install an alarm in your car?

lcz06

Not talking about your daily but your high end car. Would you let them do the install or should I look somewhere else? Anyone’s 2cents is much appreciated :) .

What i'm looking at http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Python-Security-System-Python-460HP/sem/rpsm/oid/119440/catOid/-13097/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

i wouldn't install any alarm in any car that didn't come with one. unless its a real high end alarm. i have to cut alot of them out at work because they fail and cause a no start or kill the battery.

I had good luck with my Clifford alarm system/pager that was in my cobra. Even though the place I had the install done at was a joke. What brands give the most problems?

I would not. Remotes can be to easly cloned, And I've had 2 places fuck up alarm installs on cars I've owned. If you did want one installed i would suggest Mobile Electronics on Morse rd. They did a great job on my camaro's alarm.

I would not. Remotes can be to easly cloned, And I've had 2 places fuck up alarm installs on cars I've owned. If you did want one installed i would suggest Mobile Electronics on Morse rd. They did a great job on my camaro's alarm.

No thanks I will never set foot in Mobile Electronics again. That's putting in nicely but they really pissed me off almost to the point of taking them to small claims court...

The Best Buy out east always has various nice cars in and out of there with installs when I went to get some woofers put in the Bird they had a 98 Viper and a 02 Z06 all there for speaker and alarm installs I even talked to both owners of the cars and they said they always bring their cars there..

I had good luck with my Clifford alarm system/pager that was in my cobra. Even though the place I had the install done at was a joke. What brands give the most problems?

there is never any names on the modules or i didn't look very well at it. most of the time they were done at best buy, circuit city and a few other places that sell cheep shit. i work at a GM dealer so we just cut the shit out and throw it away. i would never let anyone put something in my car for me, they hack it all up with those cheep ass butt connectors and black tape. find someone that either soders (sp?) or uses the heat shrink butt connectors

there is never any names on the modules or i didn't look very well at it. most of the time they were done at best buy, circuit city and a few other places that sell cheep shit. i work at a GM dealer so we just cut the shit out and throw it away. i would never let anyone put something in my car for me, they hack it all up with those cheep ass butt connectors and black tape. find someone that either soders (sp?) or uses the heat shrink butt connectors

+1 Had a clifford alarm (nice alarm) installed by best buy years ago.

Few hours later the main control module fell from under the dash, as they used black electrical tape to TAPE it to the steering column cover.

Ended up spending a few hours re-wiring and securing everything myself.

Went back and bitched and got my install fee back and them some.

In a former life... I installed alarms, cell phones, car audio ect. The biggest problems I have ever seen have been from customers thinking they can do it themselves. Then they would bring the vehicles back to the shop and it would take twice as long to install it properly. The next biggest problems came from dealerships. Mechanics generally do not do good installs. I would look for someone who is MECP certified.

I think Best Buy and Circuit City employee MECP certified guys so I don't see why they would not do a fine job

No thanks I will never set foot in Mobile Electronics again. That's putting in nicely but they really pissed me off almost to the point of taking them to small claims court...

shawn..... cca on morse... one of the installers there has a 2002 vette his name is jr.. he did everything that was on my monte and he did his alarm/remote starter on his 6speed vette...and eric with the silver z06 works at a best buy as a installer get with him...

shawn..... cca on morse... one of the installers there has a 2002 vette his name is jr.. he did everything that was on my monte and he did his alarm/remote starter on his 6speed vette...and eric with the silver z06 works at a best buy as a installer get with him...

Really eric does? I already called cca on morse road and they gave me a quote of $250 installed and it would take 4-5 hours. I would trust Eric doing the install but no one else if I was to go to best buy. They send me coupons all the time so I might wait till I get more of them in the mail. I’ll give him a call I just have to find his number again. Thanks for the info…