No spark on 98 monte carlo 3.1

ShoMeSomeFun

Alright i just replaced the transmission on this car, and have driven it about 100 miles since then no problems, but then this morning im doing 40mph and the car just completly shuts off.

Car turns over, i can hear the fuel pump kick on but cant find the valve in the fuel rail to see how much there is. I did over try to shock myself by taking the spark plug and holding it and no spark. I let the car cool down and it fired back up for all of 10 seconds.

So what can keep a car from spraking ive heard my modulator in my coil pack is bad (have a replacement for this but its about 80 miles away), ive also heard its my crank sensor. Also ive notice lately that sometimes my car wont start up on the first crank and i have to give it some gas to start and hold it for alittle while till it will idle on its own. This only happend about once a month. Alright thats everything i can think of right now any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks

No i dont have a lab test, but i have a guy bringin me a crank sensor and a coil pack and ignition module off a motor i have in columbus georgia, (i live in warner robins georgia) I just dont have a harmonic balance puller, so hopefully its the ignition module. Do crank sensors go out often?