Has anyone had to warranty an Xbox 360?

JaSSon

I bought my Xbox 360 on December 26th. It has performed flawlessly, until Monday. I rented Armored Core 4, and I think it killed my 360. The game would freeze, and most of the time when I powered the 360 back up I would get 3 red flashing lights. Hardware failure. Fucking great. Now it does it all the time.

Back to my origional question: Has anyone had to send your 360 in for repair? Did Micro$oft cover shipping? Was the 360 returned in a timely fashion? I'm debating whether I want to be honest and warranty the issue, or if I want to buy a new one at Best Buy/etc and swap it out then refund. That's the instant fix.

Dunno if it'll make you feel better, but this seems to be too common a problem with them. Especially, the ones sold earlier on. (I don't know when you got yours.) I would try taking it back to Best Buy first. Wouldn't hurt but depending how longs it's been since you got it...

Some things to try:

Be sure it's getting plenty of circulation and not overheating. Then be sure to try plugging it in somewhere else. The PSU (Power Supply Unit) also tends to overheat and be picky about it's power supply. Be sure that's getting as much air as possilbe. Even if it means dangling it. (The PSU. :rolleyes: ) You can also try borrowing someone elses working PSU and plugging your xbox in with that.

Disconnect and reconnect everything. If still no go, you can even try removing the hard drive and starting it to see what happens. I don't know if you can do that without getting your warranty voided or not.

Try this:

Faq: Xbox 360 Error Codes Explained

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

Just found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

You can always try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

I'm sure there's more info out there, but that's the stuff I know. Good luck.

OBGYN dude,

I've done all that legwork prior to posting. I've unplugged, plugged, removed the HDD, even decoded the error code. It's giving code 0102 which pretty much translates into "hell if I know, prob a hardware failure". There is plenty of open space around it, and it doesn't feel hotter than usual. I honestly think AC3 killed my XBox. Never had a problem before that game.

OBGYN dude,

I've done all that legwork prior to posting. I've unplugged, plugged, removed the HDD, even decoded the error code. It's giving code 0102 which pretty much translates into "hell if I know, prob a hardware failure". There is plenty of open space around it, and it doesn't feel hotter than usual. I honestly think AC3 killed my XBox. Never had a problem before that game.

Sucks, man. Good luck. Hopefully, someone pops in who's been through the warranty process then.

Yeah, I got mine on launch and it just took a dump on me while playing crackdown. I havent gotten any red lights, but every game freezes now on loadscreens. Microsuck told me that my warranty has long since been over and that it would cost damn near $200 to fix it. So now I just use it as a paper weight, Ive been contemplating throwing it off my roof.