Gears of war 2 is awesome.

jagr

THAT IS ALL.....

But really, ive been playing it most of the afternoon, and as stated its awesome. the levels/grafics/effects are amazing. Lots of new abilities like Execution and meatshield. Meatshield is when you pick up a downed enemy and use his body as a shield as you advance. NASTY!

Nasty you ask? This game is downright gory. From all the different executions you can do to multiple types of kills with your lancer. the lancer is a machine gun with a CHAINSAW mounted to it. Think motorized Bayonet.

Get it people.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deluxe edition comes with an art book, a steel game box, a 48 hour LIVE pass and some codes for extra in game items and a pretty cool "making of" disc with a lot of cool shit. Only $10 more than the game.

I was a big fan of the first GoW. The 2nd doesn't seem like a huge step up though.. a couple of new features (meatshield, etc), little more 'gritty' art design...

Do you think it's worth it? I'll probably get it because I like the storyline, but maybe after it's on special.

THAT IS ALL.....

But really, ive been playing it most of the afternoon, and as stated its awesome. the levels/grafics/effects are amazing. Lots of new abilities like Execution and meatshield. Meatshield is when you pick up a downed enemy and use his body as a shield as you advance. NASTY!

Nasty you ask? This game is downright gory. From all the different executions you can do to multiple types of kills with your lancer. the lancer is a machine gun with a CHAINSAW mounted to it. Think motorized Bayonet.

Get it people.

thats awesome i have never played it

I was a big fan of the first GoW. The 2nd doesn't seem like a huge step up though.. a couple of new features (meatshield, etc), little more 'gritty' art design...

Do you think it's worth it? I'll probably get it because I like the storyline, but maybe after it's on special.

I think its worth it. im addicted so far.

I know what you are feeling though. Nothings worse than shelling out $60 for a shitty game. and just being pissed and not play the damn thing. Then you try to trade it in, and since they know its a shitty game you get like$25 buck back. grrrrr!

This is not one of those. If you like shooters, this is a good one.

GoW is a definite play, it's GoW2 that I'm struggling with.

I never had an original XBox, so I didn't get into the "Halo"-hype. I decided to jump on the GoW bandwagon and got hooked. The visuals are awesome, which is why I'm questioning how the second game could TOP the first.

But if jagr says its good, I'll take his word for it. He's played them both.

I want to go pick up GoW2, but it's a really bad idea for me right now :p

I've still got Fallout 3, LittleBIGPlanet, Far Cry 2, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3, Dead Space, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky, and Guitar Hero: World Tour to play through. And I've gotta keep up with my classes X-(

I'll grab GoW2 over Thanksgiving weekend probably. I'll likely be sprinting out of the house to the nearest retailer to pick up Mirror's Edge though. I must have played the demo for that 10 times now...what an amazing game.

Q4 '08 has been an amazing time for video games :D

Edited by Harb67

ive got it sitting here still with the wrapper on it. i still have yet to finish the first due to me just forgetting about playing it and moving on to other games

Once I get my x-box back from microsoft im getting it and the new cod.

add my name sbcobra

GoW is a definite play, it's GoW2 that I'm struggling with.

I never had an original XBox, so I didn't get into the "Halo"-hype. I decided to jump on the GoW bandwagon and got hooked. The visuals are awesome, which is why I'm questioning how the second game could TOP the first.

But if jagr says its good, I'll take his word for it. He's played them both.

I will let you borrow it in about a week or so if you want to come get it.:D

Thanks for the offer... maybe, someday if InyaAzz starts his game trading forum on OR.net I'll take you up on it.

I'm more of a Racing game guy... these are all the games I have:

GoW

PGR3

PGR4

Forza 2

Burnout Revenge

And sad to say, I haven't even turned the ol' 360 on for the last 5 months. I even let my Gold membership expire and didn't renew. Winter's coming though and i have a lot of vacation days, so December might be prime time to get back into the swing.

Well i just finished it. just about 12 hours straight. It was really good. the end was not what i expected. i pushed forward most of the time so i didnt find alot of the pick-ups and extras.

But again really put together well. i will be playing it a lot in the near future. havent even looked at any of the online stuff. i know there is also a way to make your own levels too. Also they talk about HORDE alot. i guess its where you can have, im guessing 50+ enemies on screen and no slow down. i'll be checking that out next week.

no TV/Gaming for me tomorrow. gotts to get out in the sun.

At the very end they actually show the coyote catching the roadrunner and mountin' that sombeech.:D NICE!!!

Hey all you gammer heads, couple questions for you all.

Now bear with me, I am WAY behind the times when it comes to game consoles, I still have an orginal PlayStation!

I've been considering geting a PS3 but don't understand what the differences are between the types available, different harddrive sizes?

What does the harddrive size have to do with anything? Why does it have a harddrive?

Looks like it has an internet connection too, whats up with that?

Thanks in advance.

PS, Anyone want to buy a classic PlayStation ? :D Only $399

Hey all you gammer heads' date=' couple questions for you all.

Now bear with me, I am WAY behind the times when it comes to game consoles, I still have an orginal PlayStation!

I've been considering geting a PS3 but don't understand what the differences are between the types available, different harddrive sizes?

What does the harddrive size have to do with anything? Why does it have a harddrive?

Looks like it has an internet connection too, whats up with that?

Thanks in advance.

PS, Anyone want to buy a classic PlayStation ? :D Only $399[/quote']

get a 360 if u want to get online (why wouldnt u?????!!!!!) ive got TW cable inet 15mbs i thinks what it is great for gaming!

Well i just finished it. just about 12 hours straight. It was really good. the end was not what i expected. i pushed forward most of the time so i didnt find alot of the pick-ups and extras.

For shame... you didn't grab all the COG tags the first time through?? And you call yourself a gamer.. :D:p

I hope the ending wasn't as much of a letdown as the ending the first GoW. The final boss in GoW was overly easy. And the ending felt a little - abrupt, like there should've been more game to really close out the storyline and setup for the sequel.

GoW2 is on my list. Maybe I'll get CoD4 too. I won't dare go online though on these shooting games.