I'm an emo failure

Primera

1 severed radial artery

3 beyond fucked tendons

Some unrepairable nerve damage

18 staples in my wrist

3 months of physical therapy

Worker's comp for a long, long time

Now, for all the sick bastards who want to see the damage..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/deftapcubus/emoalex.jpg

I should've followed the diagram:

http://www.afireinside.org/archive/remember_kids.jpg

Now, the story:

Last week, I was at work and was moving a cart w/ 8' condensor coils on it. The cart had a lot of grease on it and my hand slipped off and went underneath. I didn't think anything of it but noticed a crazy amount of something spraying out underneath. Then pulled my arm out to realize it was blood (I was in shock at the time). So I grabbed my arm and started walking towards the nurse's office. After walking a while, I about collapsed when someone ran up to me and wrapped a towel over my arm and helped me there. Then eventually the ambulance showed up, went to the hospital, some dickhead doctor grabbed my arm as hard as he could over the wound (never explained why he did that), then proceeded to stick 6 shots into the gaping wound to numb it. After that, he grabbed a needle and started poking my hand in various spots (probably 8 times or so) to see where my hand was numb. Only 1 of the spots was my hand actually numb so I got stabbed another 7 times in my hand. Afterwards, they finally gave me some morphine and the next morning I had a 6 hr surgery to reattach my tendons and artery. Today I had the most painful physical therapy I hope I ever have to go through and I'm on my 2nd prescription of vicodin. Next week, they take out the staples.

It sucks to own a 5 speed at the moment because I'm stuck driving a POS S10 until I can clench a fist.

Very nice!

Hope it dosent mess up your love life to much :p

haha Nope, just opening up a whole new world. In a month, I should have the "stranger" mastered. Although, the injury has me getting plenty of sympathy from the girls on campus. That is, until they see a picture of it and run away screaming.

, some dickhead doctor grabbed my arm as hard as he could over the wound (never explained why he did that), then proceeded to stick 6 shots into the gaping wound to numb it. After that, he grabbed a needle and started poking my hand in various spots (probably 8 times or so) to see where my hand was numb. Only 1 of the spots was my hand actually numb so I got stabbed another 7 times in my hand. Afterwards, they finally gave me some morphine and the next morning I had a 6 hr surgery to reattach my tendons and artery. Today I had the most painful physical therapy I hope I ever have to go through and I'm on my 2nd prescription of vicodin. Next week, they take out the staples.

dickhead doctor??? at my hospital, we would have tied off your radial artery and not repaired it (you have an ulnar artery as well, that can make up for the severed radial artery), so it sounds like the doctors who treated you did an excellent job. they poked your hand in different places to determine which nerves (if any) were severed. they probably grabbed your arm to stop the bleeding. just be thankful you live in a country where we are fully capable of fixing complex problems such as yours, and stop complaining about the excellent care you received.

dickhead doctor??? at my hospital, we would have tied off your radial artery and not repaired it (you have an ulnar artery as well, that can make up for the severed radial artery), so it sounds like the doctors who treated you did an excellent job. they poked your hand in different places to determine which nerves (if any) were severed. they probably grabbed your arm to stop the bleeding. just be thankful you live in a country where we are fully capable of fixing complex problems such as yours, and stop complaining about the excellent care you received.

+1

Ok, I shouldn't have said "dick head doctor". It's just when you're just starting to come out of shock and someone walks in the room, doesn't say a word, doesn't look underneath the towel and just grabs your wrist where there is no skin and squeezes real hard, then leaves again without one word (eventually then came back in to start numbing me), you kinda have a vendetta towards him. It isn't until I post on a forum that I learn any of why he did that. He wasn't the doc who repaired it anyway.

Fun fact: If anyone saw the home makeover show that was in Whitehall, the doctor who fixed the guy's hand (had an incident w/ a saw) on the show was the guy who fixed me up.

:D

Ok, I shouldn't have said "dick head doctor". It's just when you're just starting to come out of shock and someone walks in the room, doesn't say a word, doesn't look underneath the towel and just grabs your wrist where there is no skin and squeezes real hard, then leaves again without one word (eventually then came back in to start numbing me), you kinda have a vendetta towards him. It isn't until I post on a forum that I learn any of why he did that. He wasn't the doc who repaired it anyway.

Fun fact: If anyone saw the home makeover show that was in Whitehall, the doctor who fixed the guy's hand (had an incident w/ a saw) on the show was the guy who fixed me up.

i'm just messing with you. you might have been shocked, but probably not 'in shock'. you can lose tons, and i mean tons of blood before you go into shock. i realize its not pleasant to have people poking and prodding the shit out of you without asking you first, but that's why we call them emergencies--there's no time to explain absolutely everything we're doing. the docs at riverside are the gods of hand trauma in columbus, all severed fingers/hands/arms go to riverside--so you went to the right place.

be glad it happened at work, and not at home. now you can relax and not have to worry about the 6-8 weeks you'll be off work, assuming you're filing a worker's comp claim.

good luck with your recovery

kirk