Hello.

EagledriverDRZ

Names Rod...Was turned on to this site from charles .Seen him at bike night.

Alittle about me...Well been riding since 1982..Raced Mx for 10years..Drag raced for 2 (in the 80s)lol..My last ventures where building of 3 GSXR1000s a 2001,2003.2005.They where simply awesome machines and it was just love trackdaying them but just no fun on the street.So i sold them.Now i have built a DRZ400 which is now a 453SM.GREAT FUN on anything that bends..

I love to ride the twistys and anything with a curve in it..I wear full gear no matter what and im a proud member of CORE..Which im sure some of you are members there to.Hope to ride with some of ya some time but untill that time..BE SAFE. and watch the cagers..

Heres a few pics of me if interested

Deals gap 2006

08535mz2.jpg

2003 mid-ohio

dsc0470cx0.jpg

2005 mid-ohio

satam1326qr7.jpg

Take care Eagle..

I want to hear more about the big-bore 400SM!!!

How's the power with the mods you have on it? I've always wanted a super-moto for the street, but I've been concerned that i'll be less than wowed by some of the pre-packaged units available (unless i could afford to own and mod one of those new Aprillias that is)

Hey Eagle....glad to see you're doing ok. Haven't seen ya on gixxer.com in forever, and I can see why now. LOL! I'm a "FNG" here as well. Saw Flounder post up a link on gixxer the other day and figured I'd check it out.

KC

Hey Eagle....glad to see you're doing ok. Haven't seen ya on gixxer.com in forever, and I can see why now. LOL! I'm a "FNG" here as well. Saw Flounder post up a link on gixxer the other day and figured I'd check it out.

KC

Thanks everyone for the welcome...Crusher havent been on gixxer in a long time but still work on them for clients..Man im trying to remember ya..Know they name but forget the face (it comes with OLD AGE....LOl)Glad to see you all are doing good aswell.

I want to hear more about the big-bore 400SM!!!

How's the power with the mods you have on it? I've always wanted a super-moto for the street, but I've been concerned that i'll be less than wowed by some of the pre-packaged units available (unless i could afford to own and mod one of those new Aprillias that is)

Well 1st there are several GREAT SM machines out there. But i want to ride and not be doing maintance....

I really could haves bought any SM out there but i choose the DRZ. 1 because i like suzuki.And 2 reliability..

I will tell you unless you are willing to build the DRZ you may not be happy with it stock.And if you like going a 180mph you may want to consider something else.However if you want to give a run for there money, take them to the twistys..Anyhow There are awesome packages out there ,choose on what you want cause no matter it only as fast as you turn the throttle.

Anyhow i love mine and its AWESOME with the mods.Still have a few things to do but i smile ever time i ride.So to wrap up here the POWER is awesome and hold its own well...Hope this helps answer your question.

that gives me a better idea, thanks. I figured the stock 400SM might be a bit anemic, but i'm sure it wakes up nicely.

I was thinking of the SM as more of a daily commuter/street fun bike, and as an addition to the 636 not as a replacement. As I've gotten more agressive with the spring rates and alignment on the 636 it's a lot less comfy to ride around town and I think a SM would be a great way to Banzi through traffic (obeying all laws of course :wink: ).

You do make a good point about the frenquency of valve adjustments on the true motorcross motors, which would get old on a streetbike pretty quick, considering you'd need to do them about once every week or 2. My only other concern is how to stay out of trouble with one!

that gives me a better idea, thanks. I figured the stock 400SM might be a bit anemic, but i'm sure it wakes up nicely.

I was thinking of the SM as more of a daily commuter/street fun bike, and as an addition to the 636 not as a replacement. As I've gotten more agressive with the spring rates and alignment on the 636 it's a lot less comfy to ride around town and I think a SM would be a great way to Banzi through traffic (obeying all laws of course :wink: ).

You do make a good point about the frenquency of valve adjustments on the true motorcross motors, which would get old on a streetbike pretty quick, considering you'd need to do them about once every week or 2. My only other concern is how to stay out of trouble with one!

Ahh staying out of trouble...Well i have had to hide a few times thats all i will say..LOL..

Thanks everyone for the welcome...Crusher havent been on gixxer in a long time but still work on them for clients..Man im trying to remember ya..Know they name but forget the face (it comes with OLD AGE....LOl)Glad to see you all are doing good aswell.

It's all good, actually I've been to C-bus a few times but don't think I ever had the chance to meet ya. I'm pretty sure one of the guys I ride with on the east side of Clev. did or was going to buy some parts from you at one time (John....aka Turbo810 on gixxer.com). But I followed your builds closely and was always simply impressed with your workmanship, skills, and of course choice of some nice pieces of hardware for your upgrades. You helped a lot of people out over there.

Hopefully I'll get down there for a meet soon. A bunch of us are looking to head to C-bus to hit up some roads there like the triple nickle and such.

KC

It's all good, actually I've been to C-bus a few times but don't think I ever had the chance to meet ya. I'm pretty sure one of the guys I ride with on the east side of Clev. did or was going to buy some parts from you at one time (John....aka Turbo810 on gixxer.com). But I followed your builds closely and was always simply impressed with your workmanship, skills, and of course choice of some nice pieces of hardware for your upgrades. You helped a lot of people out over there.

Hopefully I'll get down there for a meet soon. A bunch of us are looking to head to C-bus to hit up some roads there like the triple nickle and such.

KC

Yea wasnt turbo the guy that came down and bought some new wheels of me?I still have some clients here with sport bikes that i still do work for.Slowed down some due to the new house but still like working on them..Who know i may someday have another.Remember chuck from gixxer.com..He was 70 and still rode a 1000...

KC

Yea wasnt turbo the guy that came down and bought some new wheels of me?I still have some clients here with sport bikes that i still do work for.Slowed down some due to the new house but still like working on them..Who know i may someday have another.Remember chuck from gixxer.com..He was 70 and still rode a 1000...

Yup, I think that was John. He's been in and out of bikes for a couple years now, I'm not sure what his deal is. We each bought our '07's together at State 8. He told me the other day he's was selling it, crying about how it "hurts his ass and hands riding it." "IT'S A SPORTBIKE NOT A GOLDWING!!" I told him. :roll: There's still quite a few 60+ guys posting up over there, gotta love it. Young at heart is how I intend to stay. I'll come down and let you take a spin on the '07 if you've not ridden one yet....although I might not see it again. Let me rethink that offer. :D