subframe connectors

kirks5oh

anybody know a good shop around columbus to get full-length subframes installed (welded) on a msutang??

i'm looking for a shop that can weld them with the car up on a 'drive on' style lift--i'm assuming that's how everyone installs them??

any idea on a ballpark price??

thanks

kirk

I looked into having it done on my 95 this time last year. It was going to be about $125. This was for maximum motorsports full length powdercoated SFC's

I called Rob Lasota, they said they would do it on a drive on style lift. Thats the only way I would have it done.

Robs a CR sponsor and you only hear good things about that shop.

I looked into having it done on my 95 this time last year. It was going to be about $125. This was for maximum motorsports full length powdercoated SFC's

I called Rob Lasota, they said they would do it on a drive on style lift. Thats the only way I would have it done.

Robs a CR sponsor and you only hear good things about that shop.

$125 just for install?

$125 just for install?

Si Senor.

Each SFC comes in two pieces and has several gussets that need to be welded on, that coupled with grinding for paint removal and it'll take a couple of hours to do the job. At least thats what people told me when I was calling around looking for someone to do mine. I never ended up getting them installed, I just kept putting it off.

For all the welding that has to be done with that $125 is not bad. Thats one of those jobs that even a garage gearhead should have someone with more welding experience do. Gas lines and what not would be a concern for me (the "go boom" factor).

Each SFC comes in two pieces and has several gussets that need to be welded on, that coupled with grinding for paint removal and it'll take a couple of hours to do the job.

yup, these are the connectors. not exactly a job to tackle at home. i hate taking my car to people i don't know, i appreciate the input guys.