cams in 04 gt

Reed44

I have a 2004 mustang GT. It is at Mike Ward Racing right now getting stage two cams. The cams are from comp. How do the comp compare to VT. I have heard that VT sounds better but comp makes more HP. I know I wont get that much HP but I really want to get a lopy idle. Can I get that with the stage two from comp.

The "stages" usually imply a more aggresive lift/duration which will give you a lopey sound depending on your choice. Different grinds are going to achieve different variations at idle and under acceleration, both power and torque. One set of cams can give you torque down low, another set may give you better HP up high. Some are ideal for N/A, some for boost, etc. There are as many variants as there are going to be flame posts for you.

If you chose the right cam, might I suggest a turbo charger?

http://i15.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/8e/a2/e283_1_b.JPG

Thanks for the help Miller.

Kevin R- No i want horsepower but if I am going to spend the money in putting cams in, I want that sound also. A lopy iddle for a cam is like a blow off valve for a turbo.

not a whole lot of people cam 2v's. mostly cuz you dont net too much hp compared to say an ls1. cammed gt's do sound very nice though. ive heard the vt stage 2s at idle and they sound crazy. if your spending all that money on cams i would just suggest some vt blower cams and then look into a blower.

Guest Removed
Theys nice! My step-dad ended up buying a shelby GT instead of the GT500 thanks mostly to the $10K+ mark up everyone is doing. Go figure assholes like Richart buys em up and marks em up so normal people can't buy one.

i was joking.

fuck ricart.

if you know someone, you dont pay over sticker ;)

Guest Removed
not a whole lot of people cam 2v's. mostly cuz you dont net too much hp compared to say an ls1. cammed gt's do sound very nice though. ive heard the vt stage 2s at idle and they sound crazy. if your spending all that money on cams i would just suggest some vt blower cams and then look into a blower.

its a 04...i thinks its a 3v....noob

i was joking.

fuck ricart.

if you know someone, you dont pay over sticker ;)

Amen, my step-dad was hard up for gettin a shelby GT500, he almost had one, then the cock suckers started pushing the over MSRP price anywhere from $10K to $20K. Fucking rediculous, when for a C6 vette you can flat out order one and not pay a dime OVER MSRP and get everything you want. GT500 is now in the Z06 price tag, and dollar for dollar the Z06 obviously wins hands down. Amen I hate Ricart, that bastard.

Thanks for the help Miller.

Kevin R- No i want horsepower but if I am going to spend the money in putting cams in, I want that sound also. A lopy iddle for a cam is like a blow off valve for a turbo.

this made me LAWL. if you're buying one BOV over another because it sounds 'cooler' you're a Dee Dee Dee. just as with a cam, function and practicality should come first....why would you want a car that doesn't have the bite to match it's bark?

also, i'm not a big resource of information on V8's, but if you want a noticeable lopey idle, aren't you going to have to have a rather aggresive cam, meaning new springs, lifters, rockers, yada yada for the increased lift?

this made me LAWL. if you're buying one BOV over another because it sounds 'cooler' you're a Dee Dee Dee. just as with a cam, function and practicality should come first....why would you want a car that doesn't have the bite to match it's bark?

also, i'm not a big resource of information on V8's, but if you want a noticeable lopey idle, aren't you going to have to have a rather aggresive cam, meaning new springs, lifters, rockers, yada yada for the increased lift?

Not to mention a camm'd 2-valve will NEVER sound like what he wants (a.l.a...Cammed LSx motor or older muscle car).... :(