Setup

Smokey

After the disaster that was Forza on speed (though I'll admit I watched every episode) I'm hoping for good things from Setup. After the first episode I'm still up in the air on if this is going to be a disappointment or not.

It's got the makings of being a great show were little known talent can show their ability to not only drive but also tune a car properly and get the most out of what is essentially a "spec" car for the show. However if they play up all of the drama rather than focusing on talent it could turn out to be another Forza.

if you feel this should be somewhere else, please feel free to move it.

It was obvious that the kid's dad was pulling the strings there, and then it became painfully obvious that his dad happens to be a complete idiot. I personally would have tried to leverage the Rhys sponsorship for some inside info, since he's one of the only people to have raced that car.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watch tonight's episode?? All I can say is Shenanigans!! The producer even had to step in to try and straighten these guys' driving up as their getting dangerously rough with each other.

So far a very good show.