Does anyone have a yard airator?

smokin5s

so there's a few patches in my yard that the grass isn't growing right... I really don't want to spend the 50 dollars to get my yard airated then another 50 to be split seeded... so I figured I'd ask on here if anyone has one that I could borrow.

Thanks!

so there's a few patches in my yard that the grass isn't growing right... I really don't want to spend the 50 dollars to get my yard airated then another 50 to be split seeded... so I figured I'd ask on here if anyone has one that I could borrow.

Thanks!

What is the lawn doing??? Is growing at a different rate or is it discolored? If it is growing at a different rate then more than likely there is an unbalance of Ph or moisture. So aerating and fertilizing will fit it. But, if it has patches of yellowish brown dead spots it could be a little more complicated in fixing. Well if it is not caused by dog pee or poo. If it is discolored and there is no dog, then you have grubs. You can go to Lowes and get grub killer and you put in down just like normal lawn weed and feed. The only difference is that you have to do it now. Grubs are the larvae form of June bugs and they only feed twice a year April-May and again in late August-September. If you don't get the grub killer in the ground during this time then you just threw your money away and still have a brown patchy lawn.

Meg

no, it's not that... I did landscaping last year and in certian places where I had dirt piled the grass died and didn't come back as well as right beside my driveway, there's deffinately dirt spots... (and it doesn't help that the neighbor kids play in my yard constantly even though their parents have told them not to) I'm hopeing that seeding will allow it to grow again