Oil leak

Guest HotPants

Guest HotPants
So I have an oil leak, it's been leaking since I got the car. I still don't know where the leak is, but that's not what I need advice on. This may be a stupid question but should I change my oil? I keep having to put more in, about 1 quart a month or maybe every three weeks roughly. It's coming up on oil change time and I was just wondering if I should even change the oil at all because I've been putting oil in so frequently.

Guest HotPants
why not just fix it too keep from hurting the enigne?

you bring up a good point... it's on my list of things to do. the guy who had the car before me treated the car like crap, so there are many things i need to fix. i think the leak is coming from the valve cover. i really don't have a chunk of time to take my upper intake off as of now and i'm a bit broke to repair it. i'm only hoping i can get it done soon.

Guest Removed
just make sure you cange the pcv valve and grommet and the little metal filter thats in the lower intake . that metal screen gets all plugged up, and lets the pressure build up in the crankcase and it blows out the valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets and may even cause premature crankseal leakage.