service VEHICLE soon light

yellowsnake

i have a 2001 pontiac grand am gt. the service VEHICLE not engine light comes on when i put the car in gear. i'm guessing needs a tranny service but not 100% sure and they dont have dipsticks that i know of to check the fluid i think you have to have a hand held thing. is there anyone that can run the test and make sure that is my problem and how much can someone do this for if that is the problem.

i just did some checking and it says that service vehicle mean i could have a bulb out some i'm gonna check that first and rod what tiem are you open till and how much would you charge? oh and where are you located.

Guest Removed
I would recommend taking it to the FLAPS of your choice. Most do free OBDII Scanning.

They can tell you what the code is, and you can take it from there...

those cheap ass codes scanners dont reset those lights.

Guest Removed
i just did some checking and it says that service vehicle mean i could have a bulb out some i'm gonna check that first and rod what tiem are you open till and how much would you charge? oh and where are you located.

8-6 m-f

just call and i can look it up for you...sometimes theres more then just one reason it comes on. fucking gm changed it year too year.just like the oil change light reset deal.or is it the oil change light for yours?

pming cell #.