axle trouble

1qwk767

Car is a 1993 Laser FWD Turbo

broke the lower control arm, while I had the car all apart I noticed my passenger side inner and outter cv boots where ripped, I took the old axle in to autozone and purchased a new one, I got the car all buttoned up back together topped off the tranny with some royal purple gear oil, go to start the car put it in gear and it wont go anywhere, jacked the car up, removed the passenger side wheel started the car up, put it in nuetral the axle was spinning but making a funny noise like the splines where two different sizes, took the axle back to autozone as I got one for a 93 FWD talon, exchanged it for a 93 Laser and still doing the same thing

Thanks In Advanced

Mark

dont really have the money to get it fixed so thats why im trying to troubleshoot the car by asking people, I quit my job, was jobless for 2 weeks started a new job, it didnt work out and started my new one on Tuesday so i kinda short on cash to get the car fixed