Stock DSM tranny

Farley

alright so my buddie ove rher ein PA just decided to go out and spend...stupid loot on his 1g... so my question to you is..

how much will a stock 1g tranny hold. doesnt grind equipt w/ act 2900 6 puck. held 315hp with a 16g fine but how long will it last w/ a 30r

(with full supporting mods and DSM link.bored 20 over)

depends on how he drives it. Mike is correct about the 6-puck clutch.

It's certainly not going to shear off any gears or anything, but if he thinks he's a drag racer he'll tear the synchros out of it (which he could do stock as well) or bend a shift fork. DSM trannies in their stock form don't really like higher RPM shifting which is something to consider if he thinks he's going to be like Shep

nahh he knows thats its not going to hold... from what i gather he wants do to like 2 passes down the track tops...and not launch.

and kinda jsut drive it around hit boost but from what i gather hes not going to be running balls out until he either builds this tranny or gets a new one. i was jsut wondering if it was even going to be feesable to just granny drive it and hit boost every now and again.

if you hit boost without power shifting or launching the living fuck out of it then it'll hold just fine. The biggest issues with our trannies come from trying to shift too fast, and clutch dumps in first gear that break the center diff. The difference between a "race spec" tranny and a stock tranny is basically a stronger or welded center diff, better synchros, and forged shift forks. The gears are plenty strong... it aint a subaru. And if it's an early 1g then your weakest link is actually the 3 bolt rear end.

Depending on the year you have, some of the 3-4 gearsets are weker than others. Run a good gear fluid. Don't use some super thin synthetic oil that lets you shift super fast but can't withstand any real heat.

i believe its a 91 talon. so i dont know about the rear ends... all of the dms's i owned were 2g's anyways. so i am kinda stupid on the drivetrain of a 1g.

ive known him for a good bit and i know he can control himself till he gets a built tranny. i jsut wanted to see how it would last as a dd with a little spirited driving.

and dsmlink comes with a two step right? ....i can already see broken parts from this.