F-body owners***TCS FIX

koolrayz

most of you know Brian has been posting about his Phantom TCS issue. I have also had this plague me for some time. Brian showed me a link to an old post where they talked about the P0121 map code causing trouble. Well That didnt sound right because I havent seen that code but it got me thinking about the code i do through all the time P0106 map. So went into engine diagnostics/ airflow/ mapsensor and found two tables that are the values for the high and low P0106 map. I lowered the values in the low table to 40% and NO MORE TCS LIGHT FLOATING ON AND OFF. I only lowered it 20% the first time and watched the TCS go off when the code threw so i lowered it to 40% and that was the end of it. I may take it down even further but this appears to be a geniune fix not a mask over that still allows the tcs to float in and out. A big thanks goes out to Brian on this one.

most of you know Brian has been posting about his Phantom TCS issue. I have also had this plague me for some time. Brian showed me a link to an old post where they talked about the P0121 map code causing trouble. Well That didnt sound right because I havent seen that code but it got me thinking about the code i do through all the time P0106 map. So went into engine diagnostics/ airflow/ mapsensor and found two tables that are the values for the high and low P0106 map. I lowered the values in the low table to 40% and NO MORE TCS LIGHT FLOATING ON AND OFF. I only lowered it 20% the first time and watched the TCS go off when the code threw so i lowered it to 40% and that was the end of it. I may take it down even further but this appears to be a geniune fix not a mask over that still allows the tcs to float in and out. A big thanks goes out to Brian on this one.

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weird, I have obviously extremely high MAP sensor readings and TCS, and have never had this probem.

Maybe it's the later years?

It has a lot to do with the cam size. Since you have FI you have a smaller cam. The bigger cams cause vacuum issues that cause the TCS off light to pop on.

Ray what tuning software do you use?

i fixed it once and for all as i removed TCS and ABS.

I use HPT. I would like to lose the TCS but I like ABS so im stuck with a 3 channel conversion or dealing with the TCS