Can I choke these fuggers!?!?

Spidey2721

I would love to continue this debate, but I am going to go smoke, drink, have unprotected sex, and drive around my car with no cats. Because I can. :p

As long as it isn't directly downgrading my health, I don't care. ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big tobacco companies have politicians wrapped around their fingers. Either way they get their money. So I am sure they don't care if we tax tobacco. The tobacco companies are still going to get paid because most people won't stop smoking. And the politicians will get their cut from tobacco companies. The rich will continue to get rich.

Yes there maybe would still be undergroup drug dealers if all drugs were legalized but there are other benefits. Less dealers = less crime. I could go into a long rant about this but I'm not. You should of seen my debate papers in high school. =/

And like Mike said the whole idea should be to help the general health of the country. There are other people in this country that care about your health, even if you don't give a shit. Smoking causes insurance rates to increase. You are a higher risk because you are slowly and willingly destroying yourself. There are other more healthy ways to smoke tobacco anyway. Using a vaporizor is an example where you don't inhale any smoke and still get the same effect, or better then smoking. The big tobacco companies put extra toxins in their prepared cigs. That shouldn't be allowed honestly in my opinion. Just put in tobacco leaves, nothing else nothing more.

And I love the idea of banning transfats. There are too many overweight people in this country. All they do is eat fast food. See another reason for insurance to cost more. Again you are slowly and willingly destroying yourself. I myself do eat too much fast food then I should. But if there were "vegan friendly" fast food joints I would gladly get boca burgers AND PAY MORE FOR THEM. I eat tons of vegetables. I probably consume 5 lbs of vegetables a week. 5lbs of already prepared vegetables cost a lot more then 5lbs of meat. Better food cost more, its just how it works.

In conclusion I don't care what you want to do to yourself. BUT If you start affecting my health/sanity, quality of the air that I breathe when I am in public, my insurance rates, or some other things I am not even going to type out because it will take too long, then your "freedom of choice" becomes my problem. I don't like problems. They make me have similar nicotine fits.

The bottom line is... people will spend money on things that are bad for them before they will spend money on something to help themselves. I have patients that come in for a number of different reasons, I tell them they have a $15 copay and we need to collect it. They have a fit about spending $15 to fix their back. The same people will spend $40 on a carton of smokes and a six pack.

The big tobacco companies have politicians wrapped around their fingers. Either way they get their money. So I am sure they don't care if we tax tobacco. The tobacco companies are still going to get paid because most people won't stop smoking. And the politicians will get their cut from tobacco companies. The rich will continue to get rich.

Yes there maybe would still be undergroup drug dealers if all drugs were legalized but there are other benefits. Less dealers = less crime. I could go into a long rant about this but I'm not. You should of seen my debate papers in high school. =/

And like Mike said the whole idea should be to help the general health of the country. There are other people in this country that care about your health, even if you don't give a shit. Smoking causes insurance rates to increase. You are a higher risk because you are slowly and willingly destroying yourself. There are other more healthy ways to smoke tobacco anyway. Using a vaporizor is an example where you don't inhale any smoke and still get the same effect, or better then smoking. The big tobacco companies put extra toxins in their prepared cigs. That shouldn't be allowed honestly in my opinion. Just put in tobacco leaves, nothing else nothing more.

And I love the idea of banning transfats. There are too many overweight people in this country. All they do is eat fast food. See another reason for insurance to cost more. Again you are slowly and willingly destroying yourself. I myself do eat too much fast food then I should. But if there were "vegan friendly" fast food joints I would gladly get boca burgers AND PAY MORE FOR THEM. I eat tons of vegetables. I probably consume 5 lbs of vegetables a week. 5lbs of already prepared vegetables cost a lot more then 5lbs of meat. Better food cost more, its just how it works.

In conclusion I don't care what you want to do to yourself. BUT If you start affecting my health/sanity, quality of the air that I breathe when I am in public, my insurance rates, or some other things I am not even going to type out because it will take too long, then your "freedom of choice" becomes my problem. I don't like problems. They make me have similar nicotine fits.

/thread

Well put.

I will gladly take a couple years off my life to enjoy a wonderful burger, beer, and smoke occasionally.

The last few years don't look so fun anyways.

I don't want to spend my years eating vegan burgers and worrying about how much pollution my exhaust is making. I'll let you guys do the worrying.

This this is funny.

I smoke and I don't give a flying fuck if you're around me when I smoke. Don't like it? Leave. I do tend to be polite about it at times. If I'm sitting at a traffic light and the smoke rolls into your car next to me, tough shit. Roll up your windows.

However, if I am in a group of people who don't smoke, I'll do my best to either move a little bit back from the crowd or blow the smoke the other way.

My grand mother has been smoking since she was probably 18 or so? She's what.. 85 now I believe? Perfect health you can have at that age. My dad and mom used to smoke (eons ago). Both of my brothers smoke.

Shit happens. I'll continue to smoke until I feel like I need to quit. I'm already overweight now and if I were to quit smoking, I'd probably be rolling up quarter pounders and smoking them. I'd easily put on a few more pounds. My family doctor even told me last week that the cigarettes is somewhat of an appetite suppressor. Right now in my life, I'd rather smoke a cigarette rather than eating some fast food junk and gaining more pounds by the minute.

All your smokes are belong to Buck.

Company Sells Addictive Rat Poison that causes cancer = Wrong

Company Sells Addictive Crack that kills = Wrong

Company Sells Addictive Tobacco that kills = OK ????

Maybe the government is finally sick of profiting off the death's of millions of people, then pointing the finger at the tobacco companies. They make as much money off of cigarette's as they do.

Simple fact is, because people have been doing it for years, it is now become OKAY and alot of people can somehow justify their /or the companies habits /actions.

If another company came into the market, and tried to sell a similar product that you chewed or smoked that was proven to cause cancer/death ect. It would be banned immediately. If it managed to make it onto the market with the label

"THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO CAUSE CANCER, ECT. ECT."; people would be OUTRAGED at the government for letting it happen and would be sue happy.

Go figure....

Company Sells Addictive Rat Poison that causes cancer = Wrong

Company Sells Addictive Crack that kills = Wrong

Company Sells Addictive Tobacco that kills = OK ????

Maybe the government is finally sick of profiting off the death's of millions of people, then pointing the finger at the tobacco companies. They make as much money off of cigarette's as they do.

Simple fact is, because people have been doing it for years, it is now become OKAY and alot of people can somehow justify their /or the companies habits /actions.

If another company came into the market, and tried to sell a similar product that you chewed or smoked that was proven to cause cancer/death ect. It would be banned immediately. If it managed to make it onto the market with the label

"THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO CAUSE CANCER, ECT. ECT."; people would be OUTRAGED at the government for letting it happen and would be sue happy.

Go figure....

Look at the drugs that are on the market, they pulled Vioxx for a few dozen deaths. But it is still ok to sell another product that causes cancer? Follow the tax dolars!

Look at the drugs that are on the market, they pulled Vioxx for a few dozen deaths. But it is still ok to sell another product that causes cancer? Follow the tax dolars!

Yup..

I'm shocked to see they are even making an effort.. many too many dollars involved..

:)

I don't smoke. But I will say this: We as Americans have freedom of choice. We all have the choice to smoke or not to smoke. We also have the choice to leave/walk away from smokers when they are smoking around us.

We also have the choice to leave/walk away from smokers when they are smoking around us.

Bullshit. I'm not leaving a half eaten meal to search for fresh air. We have a right to breathable air through the "life" part of "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Smokers don't have the right to light small fires everywhere they go.

What pisses me right the fuck off is the stink that gets kicked up every time some smoking or lap dance legislation gets passed, yet none of the important fuck'overs that the government perpetrates get any attention. Pay attention, you're President gave himself the power to control the entire counrty this month, if he so wishes. Where the outrage about this free country teetering on the edge of dictatorship and theocracy?

Fact, the constitution does NOT protect your "right" to smoke. Period.

Pay attention, you're President gave himself the power to control the entire counrty this month, if he so wishes. Where the outrage about this free country teetering on the edge of dictatorship and theocracy?

congress has to write the laws... president signs them or veto's them. So in fact he did not solely come up with this idea, the Dem congress had a hand in it to.

Legislation before Congress would give the FDA regulatory power over tobacco, and is supported by public health advocates as well as Altria Group's unit Philip Morris USA, the maker of Marlboro and other brands of cigarettes.

Hell, even the tobacco companies are supporting the legislation. And why wouldn't they be? Think about it, if the government is the one regulating, it makes the tobacco companies less responsible, meaning less potential suits against them.

Also, nobody is saying you cant smoke, they are just saying if you are going to you will pay a premium for it. In other words if you quit you get the bonus of saving ALOT more money now.

Either way, there is not really much we can do about it anyway. Except overthrow the government, and yeah....I'm sure that would work out for us :rolleyes:

congress has to write the laws... president signs them or veto's them. So in fact he did not solely come up with this idea, the Dem congress had a hand in it to.

This I know, and doesn't make me feel better. :p

What are you doing in a thread about guys wanting to suck on fags in public? :cool:

I am so sick of smokers whining about taking away their fucking rights.... read Buck's message... he respresents the vast majority of smokers... they don't give 2 shits about non-smoker's rights... even though smoking bans are in place, people still smoke EVERYWHERE.... and if they aren't allowed to do it inside, they do it in front of the door so we have to walk through that nasty ass cloud to go into places.

oh wait, isn't it the squeeky wheel get the grease? hopefully this time it will just get replaced.

/thread

I am so sick of smokers whining about taking away their fucking rights.... read Buck's message... he respresents the vast majority of smokers... they don't give 2 shits about non-smoker's rights... even though smoking bans are in place, people still smoke EVERYWHERE.... and if they aren't allowed to do it inside, they do it in front of the door so we have to walk through that nasty ass cloud to go into places.

oh wait, isn't it the squeeky wheel get the grease? hopefully this time it will just get replaced.

/thread

What rights? i wasn't aware that the consitution says something about non-smokers being around smokers. You banned smoking in bars. Yippie. We dealt with that. Smoking in resturants? Fine with me.

The next thing people will come out with is that if you smoke you worship the devil. :rolleyes:

What rights? i wasn't aware that the consitution says something about non-smokers being around smokers. You banned smoking in bars. Yippie. We dealt with that. Smoking in resturants? Fine with me.

The next thing people will come out with is that if you smoke you worship the devil. :rolleyes:

Whats that Mr. Devil ?

I can't hear you over all the fire and brimstone!