Oxymorons and ironies

magifesq

Let's a have a fun poke at Ironies in the General Government / Oxymorons and things that just don't make sense - I'll start -

With all the government support for evolution, with survival of the fittest as a premise, protecting any species is directly opposed to this theory.

Under the Clinton Administration some Owls were put on the protected species list and also there was a law past which banned ads for cigarettes. One highway ad sign in Washington State for smokes couldn't be taken down because the same owl on the endangered species list was nesting there.

Here's another - one argument against the Alaskan pipeline is that it would disturb the mating habits of some caribou - now the caribou population there has grown 2-3 times the original number @ the time.

Let's a have a fun poke at Ironies in the General Government / Oxymorons and things that just don't make sense - I'll start -

With all the government support for evolution, with survival of the fittest as a premise, protecting any species is directly opposed to this theory.

I don't think you quite understand how evolution works and survival of the fittest (or natural selection as modern biologist use) isn't a premise of it.

Even if you consider survival of the fittest the things you introduce don't apply. That term applies to a more natural state of one affecting another. You can't nuke a continent wiping all of the species on it extinct and call it survival of the fittest. That's irresponsibly destructive and not very mentally fit.