Looking for a gun

xtremef4i

Holy Christ lady learn to take a fuckin joke. You can do what you want with your life, I promise you it'll have zero effect on mine. Apparently you've got personall issues with people pointing out your a bible thumper if it pissed you off that bad. Have I ever been serious on this board? Obviously you and I don't cyber fuck like you and KawiKid do but I think I post enough that you'd come to know never serious.

Ouch...someone has a wild hair stuck up their butt today! I can prescribe some xanax or valium for you if you'd like sir. ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but my grandpa is 85 and I told him to call when he got around to it. He really just does this stuff for friends and family now. Pretty much all he really does is reload shells and stuff. He just doesn't want to give it up. God luv him!

grandpa or not, I would not be that patient while waiting on a new toy. It is pretty handy having your own personal ffl. A buddy of mine just got his and it's working out well for me.

Holy Christ lady learn to take a fuckin joke. You can do what you want with your life, I promise you it'll have zero effect on mine. Apparently you've got personall issues with people pointing out your a bible thumper if it pissed you off that bad. Have I ever been serious on this board? Obviously you and I don't cyber fuck like you and KawiKid do but I think I post enough that you'd come to know never serious.

PSSSsssst....Dweezel.....Princess thinks anyone that says anything about anybody is a rude, inconsiderate, piece of shit.

It's ok though - she's just trying to be a peacemaker.:cool:

I have a few suggestions that may or may not be satisfactory. You mentioned you aren't going to carry this gun for personal defense. That seems less than optimal in my opinion but to each their own. If that is the case then either a .22 caliber handgun should suffice nicely. You can learn the basics of handgun safety' date=' firing and target shooting. If the idea of a .22 turns you off I would consider the Hi-Point as an option for the following reasons... You aren't going to carry it for personal defense, it is very inexpensive to buy, it comes with a lifetime warranty, the factory is right here in Ohio, and in my opinion for the money they are great guns. They are a 'blowback' style reload gun so firm grip is very important for the semi-automatic reload function. I've owned one and I have a friend that owns one and I thought they were great for the $119 I paid for them. Now, I wouldn't carry it for defense but we've already taken care of that argument.

There you have it. My very arrogant opinion on which gun you should choose. Now, if you'll indulge me a bit further I would suggest you speak with your uncle concerning the egregious mistake you are making concerning your CHL.

By the way, tell your uncle the the OFCC forum is fantastic and I am very pleased to be a member of such a great organization. With that, good luck.[/quote']

Is there any particular brand of .22 I should look for? I was sort of leaning towards a makarov 9x18 which are about $170 from what I saw in a magazine. From what little research I did on them, they are VERY reliable sturdy guns but are a little heavy for a gun their size and have a heavy trigger pull (but the trigger pull can be lightened up from what I read). Any more insights on the Makarov?

I just have no desire to take the classes for CHL and dont have desire to carry a gun other than shooting for fun.

I'll tell my uncle tonight you like the OFCC forum. I know he is extremely involved in that organization.

Is there any particular brand of .22 I should look for? I was sort of leaning towards a makarov 9x18 which are about $170 from what I saw in a magazine. From what little research I did on them, they are VERY reliable sturdy guns but are a little heavy for a gun their size and have a heavy trigger pull (but the trigger pull can be lightened up from what I read). Any more insights on the Makarov?

I just have no desire to take the classes for CHL and dont have desire to carry a gun other than shooting for fun.

I'll tell my uncle tonight you like the OFCC forum. I know he is extremely involved in that organization.

I'd honestly go .22 for your first gun. Ruger semi-autos are great, but a bitch to disassemble. I have the 22/45. Smith 22a's are nice, as are the walther p22's (a bit small for my liking. I would hit your local shops and see what feels good in your hands, then worry about finding a used one at a good price later.

Ouch...someone has a wild hair stuck up their butt today! I can prescribe some xanax or valium for you if you'd like sir. ;)

I did have a hair up my ass, I think any guy who sleeps with a girl will know what I'm talking about when I mention that wandering hair of your girls you find on your body when you wake up in the morning and go to the bath room, it's wrapped around your junk 300 freakin times and is always a pain to remove.

Just Google search "glock malfunctions" and read until your heart's content. I am not saying they still perform this way' date=' but it has happened on more than one occasion. I know several people that carry Glocks and love them. I have an aunt in Law Enforcement that carries a Glock and has had zero issues with it. I was just shedding a bit of light on the topic that Princess brought up. Her family member said to stay away from Glocks. Now, whether or not his personal experience plays a factor in his recommendation is still in question but it is no big secret that Glock has a questionable reliability reputation.[/quote']

Well, Im sure I could google <insert gun here> malfunctions and get get just as many responses for any type of gun so Im going to have to say that is not a valid tactic.

Smith & W 22a very nice easy to shoot 22. Buckeye outdoors had them advertised for $200....Glocks are plastic so i'm bias. I took a college course with cop jocks once they all used glocks i had a Llama 45 1911. No one had any probs. The instructor said Taurus was just not accurate. Ruger Mark III nice but expensive.

www.cheaperthandirt.com = Free personal gun ads

http://www.buckeyeoutdoors.net/

Click on ad on left.

Edited by Gump

for the price, look at the ruger MKIII bull barrel. It's a little higher than you're looking at, but not by much. You can consider it a varmint hunter but it's a small .22 cal semi auto that will work great for target shooting. It goes for about $315 MSRP but cheaper if you go to a good gun store. I shoot a smith and wesson model 41 for target work. The rounds are cheap, very little recoil and consistent accuracy.

Also, when you look at ammunition for it, there are several grades of .22. I suggest looking at CCI 40 grain standard velocity ammo. They are reliable round that help prevent your gun from jamming. The only compromise is you have to clean your gun a little more often (which you should be doing anyway.)

Not only that, ammo is super cheap. And you'll be able to put allot more rounds through a target (assuming you hit it :D) before you need to change it. I'm gonna pick one up here to target shoot with, the .45 cal is kind of a pain because you only get one or two shots per 2 liter before it's destroyed (yes I'm a hill jack and I shoot at cans and shit 'out back') where my cousin brought his P22 over and we shot that damn thing all day on the same few bottles :D