welcome to me.....

Guest Lewie06A3

Guest Lewie06A3

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum, but i've been around the block a few times in other forums. Mainly VwVortex/Fourtitude, GolfMKV, and DubOhio forums. I've been looking for a heavily traffiked forum to find out some GTG and to meet some new people in the area. Basically i've been bored shitless lately and need something new to do.

I drive a 2006 Audi A3. It's black on tan. It's a 6 speed with the 2.0T. Name is Kris, i work at sharper image at easton, and i'm a student at cscc/osu.

Guest Lewie06A3

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/ironsnipe/A3%20Pics/

there's the album of the car if you were curious what they looked like.

The drivetrain and suspension is the same as the new GTi but that's pretty much where it ends. totally different dimensions, the a3 is a little longer and wider, and handles a little better, but don't tell that to the gti owners. ;) Also, it's a very well built car, and a little luxed out compared to the gti's.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/ironsnipe/A3%20Pics/

there's the album of the car if you were curious what they looked like.

The drivetrain and suspension is the same as the new GTi but that's pretty much where it ends. totally different dimensions, the a3 is a little longer and wider, and handles a little better, but don't tell that to the gti owners. ;) Also, it's a very well built car, and a little luxed out compared to the gti's.

Ill have to disagree.

Your 329 lbs heavier than me, 2 inches longer, same width, and a inch lower.

The package 2 GTI is tons nicer than the base a3. I was going to buy the a3 but a 5k market up with less features than the GTI and no HIDs is kinda crazy personally. To each his own I guess. I probably should have waited another 3-4 months and spring for the 3.2q a3.

I just got chipped and let me tell you our 2.0Tfsi loves it and begs for more. I am quite happy with the 2.0T its fairly quick and gets 30mpg.

Guest Lewie06A3

Yeah i knew it was you debo. Depending on what source you derive the weights from, some say the A3 is lighter, some say it's heavier. I think from VW the GTI is like 3150's roughly, and audi says the A3 is 3220's. Gotta remember i'm base, and our car is a lot lower. Put a gti next to an a3 and you'd be amazed. Def to each his own.

Put a premium package sline next to a pkg 2 gti and it'd blow it away all together. Gotta remember i paid the same for my a3 as a pk0 gti. In that comparision, the a3 is much better. As you may know, i'd still like the gti, i just got a better deal on the a3.

I agree.

Although, Pkg2 gti was 25k out the door. I havent looked at the audi site but the sline i bet is close to 10k if not more expensive.

Even the pkg 0 gti has its pro's and cons to the base a3. Mainly sick HIDs. A3 gets the leather (guess) and sunroof.

Guest Lewie06A3

Actually i have cloth seats, which was a plus for me. I had leather in my passat when i had it and actually didnt' car for it. What i do miss are the HID's, but i'm fixing that soon.

Yeah sline a3 pushes it close to 30k. It's like a 2600 buck option.

BTW, what do you think i should do, go to the A3 TQM when it comes out in 09, or 135i if we see it over here?

Y0z My N3xt Whipz Will bezzz A Tight Civic with a wing and N0z!!!!!

Welcome aboard. Nice ride I like the a3 quite a bit. I've been wanting to play a game of tag with a 2.0 just to see how much they put out up top. the 1.8t felt like it fell on its face up high stock turbo.

They still a k03 sport?

Actually i have cloth seats, which was a plus for me. I had leather in my passat when i had it and actually didnt' car for it. What i do miss are the HID's, but i'm fixing that soon.

Yeah sline a3 pushes it close to 30k. It's like a 2600 buck option.

BTW, what do you think i should do, go to the A3 TQM when it comes out in 09, or 135i if we see it over here?

Damn I didnt know Audi's came in a cloth option.

If the A3 TQM is has the engine out of the euro S3 then it would be alot tougher decision.

But personally, like with Keith I am planning on getting the 135 if the tt comes statside if not ill be getting a 335 or the new M3.

Guest Lewie06A3
Thorne: yeah it's till the K03 turbo. It's seriously not much bigger than a female fist. Most of the HP in our cars come from the FSI and high compression. I'd say the turbo adds maybe 30-40 hp. Anytime you wanna go at it, i'm a good sport with street racing and give respekt where it needs to go. I've played with a couple STI's on 670 going to work before, and did pretty good against them. If your a stock wrx then it'll be a good race, but if you turned up the boost you'll pull on me. You should race debo cuz he's chipped and he'll give you a good run for your money.

Thorne: yeah it's till the K03 turbo. It's seriously not much bigger than a female fist. Most of the HP in our cars come from the FSI and high compression. I'd say the turbo adds maybe 30-40 hp. Anytime you wanna go at it, i'm a good sport with street racing and give respekt where it needs to go. I've played with a couple STI's on 670 going to work before, and did pretty good against them. If your a stock wrx then it'll be a good race, but if you turned up the boost you'll pull on me. You should race debo cuz he's chipped and he'll give you a good run for your money.

He said in another thread he walked a srt4 so he is def a lot faster than me even chipped.

ill find out on monday how much quicker the chip made me, vwjeff is fixing my 11psi boost leak.

Guest Lewie06A3

Haha speaking of boost leak, cars going to mag on monday to get a new DV put in. They are also running a quick carbon cleaning on the combustion chambers. Nothing like accelerating on the high way, and whenever you get into boost, the boost bleeds off and holds at like 3 psi. Then you can hear this psssshh, the same sound it makes when it blows off, constantly while your accelerating.

Debo, why didn't you come out last night? I wanted to go for a ride in a chipped 2.0T

Haha speaking of boost leak, cars going to mag on monday to get a new DV put in. They are also running a quick carbon cleaning on the combustion chambers. Nothing like accelerating on the high way, and whenever you get into boost, the boost bleeds off and holds at like 3 psi. Then you can hear this psssshh, the same sound it makes when it blows off, constantly while your accelerating.

Debo, why didn't you come out last night? I wanted to go for a ride in a chipped 2.0T

MAG wouldnt replace my dv for some reason. I met a guy on ohiovw who is a tech at Hatfield and he is replacing my DV and PCV with the newer revisions on monday under warranty for me.

I wanted to come out last night but my gf got a hold of my balls and yanked pretty hard. We'll meet up some, maybe Sunday after you get off work.

Guest Lewie06A3

Your chipped tho right? I think the service manager is going to be pretty good to me. After all i bought the car at byers, had it serviced there always, they are dicks so i'm taking my business to mag. He sounded ecstatic on the phone to take care of me and my car.

Jones: yeah not too many of us, or at least too many enthusiasts as far as audi goes. I have only met a couple guys from audiworld at fado's a few weeks back. You go up to QS&L when the group goes up there?

Guest Lewie06A3
Also, i dunno about sunday, i'm supposed to be going to a cookout at my boss's house up in mt gilead. prolly get together next weekend sometime.

yeah I bought my car at byers, they are dicks. I get it serviced at MAG though. I should have bought it at MAG but they sold the one I wanted and Byers had it. I bought my Jetta there in 02 and have it serviced every 5k at MAG and ive had nothing but the best over there.