Cavs

Venture Guy

They should be back next year. They need another star player to complement Lebron.

+1... The Spurs knew all Cleveland's got is Lebron and if they shut him down, they'd win. Boobie and Varejao might be the compliments we need in maybe two years, but right now they just don't have the experience. The teams we remember always had at least two stars... Majic and Kareem, Jordan and Pippen, Stockton and Malone, Shaq and Kobe (well, the non-whiney Kobe anyway). Give it time (and maybe a new head coach who refuses to admit a bencher was doing better than his starter), and there's the makings of some fun up north.

Anyone else hearing any rumors?. I've heard that we've resumed talks to acquire Mike Bibby, as well as started talking to Rashard Lewis as well. If Danny Ferry can pull off both of those moves I think we'll be in much better shape for another run next season. Lewis is a free agent as of July 1st, and if Sacramento will suck up Hughes, and whoever else we can package (I'd be content with anyone if we get Lewis), then it really doesn't seem that difficult to make it happen. Dan Gilbert has already made the statement that he'll gladly pay any salary cap penalties we incur as long as the team sees an improvement next year.