Twin Turbo V6 Firebird dyno

v6grandprixgt98

Just Thought I would share a little something you 3800 and F-body guys might like if you haven't already seen.

Tim King's Twin Turbo Pontiac Firebird with a 3800 V6.

31 Pounds of Boost

810 RWHP

Dyno Graph and video located here:

http://www.3800pro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15132

wow, not one but TWO GT35Rs at stratispheric boost, and still made less than the AMS Evo... hmmmm... i think id have to kill myself. Nice ride all the same.

1. 31 psi is not stratospheric. Add about 20 or so more psi and that's what the AMS car was running.

2. 2 GT35R's will support nearly the same HP as 1 GT427602R (AMS's turbo)

3. Drivetrain loss through an automatic > AWD/Dog geared box loss (maybe)

4. A lame comparison all the same.

wow, not one but TWO GT35Rs at stratispheric boost, and still made less than the AMS Evo... hmmmm... i think id have to kill myself. Nice ride all the same.

The numbers wouldn't be as high as the AMS EVO.

1. It has an automatic trans

2. It was dynoed on huge drag radials.

3. It has a big ford 9" rear end

So you are going to loose some WHP from there. Now if you put some 17" Z rated wheels and tires on there and a smaller rear end you'd probably see the number around 900 WHP. That's according to Brian at Dyno Tune Performance. Now that's only if you're interested in the HP number, you would never be able to run it with a set up like that. What makes it even crazier is that the 810 WHP is done with a factory block STOCK crank, rods, and iron heads. This car was made to run the 1/4 mile. The best it's run was a 9.25 @ 145 mph with a less then great 1.3 60ft and on 20 PSI, not to mention that was only on it's 3rd or 4th full pass ever down the track. It's going to be an 8 second car hopefully this weekend.

There are fast v-6 f-bodies all over there was one on fbody.com that was bolt-on non-cam v-6 that did high 13's.

I was going to turn mine into a project car but I don't have the time for all that.